Klanglabs has released Synodeia v1.0 - a free, live sample triggering plug-in for Windows.
Synodeia is a VST effect, but instead of processing the incoming signal, it can recognize pitches (frequencies) from a monophonic source and trigger samples depending on each tone.
Synodeia is a greek word and it means "Accompaniment". This plug-in is made specifically for live performances where a soloist can trigger samples while playing his instrument. This applies to voice and any other monophonic instrument.
- 12 recognizable frequencies (full 12 tone scale).
- 12 *.wav players, user can load custom made samples.
- Lots of controls to fine tune each frequency, input volume and detection response.
- "Hints": no help needed, (just hover the mouse over controls).
- Equal temperament presets (Oct 0 to Oct 5).
- Comes in two versions "Synodeia.dll" (L-R out only) and "Synodeia m-o" (Multiple audio outs-12 stereo pairs).