17th September 2012
Korg has announced Krome Music Workstation, a new hardware synth that provides a carefully chosen selection of piano and drum sounds derived from the flagship Kronos, as well as new electric pianos plus a plethora of other sounds and powerful production tools like a piano-roll style sequencer.
Large, unlooped stereo sample libraries include content from the German "D" Grand and Jazz Ambient Drums found in the flagship Kronos workstation. In all, Krome offers 640 programs, 288 combinations, 900 arp patterns, and more than 600 drum track grooves. Simply pressing a button turns on the Drum Track feature, instantly providing realistic grooves played by professionals using the Krome's studio-quality drum sounds.
The lightweight Krome 88 comes equipped with Korg's NH (Natural Weighted Hammer Action) keybed for a realistic performance feel, coupled with portability for on-the-go musicians, while the Krome 61 and 73 come equipped with Korg's velocity sensitive Natural Touch semi-weighted keybed.
The Widescreen Color TouchView display with advanced graphic UI delivers an intuitive and organic experience for every kind of musician, especially when using the advanced onboard 16-track sequencer with touch-based piano roll editing. New animations and input gestures have also been incorporated into the Touchscreen for added user convenience.
The Krome Plug-In Editor* enables it to fully integrate into computer based DAWs. While the Krome Editor allows users to edit the Krome from a computer while viewing large numbers of parameters simultaneously.
- The Korg workstation ideal for any style of piano playing.
- Kronos-derived full length, unlooped piano and drum sounds, plus new electric pianos designed to shine on stage.
- Electric pianos with eight-level velocity switching for unmatched expressive power.
- Clear, intuitive control with Korg's exclusive 7-inch color TouchView display.
- Drums offering separately mixable direct and ambient sounds for studio-grade quality.
- Drum Track plays back realistic, inspiring grooves at the touch of a button.
- Expertly created, in-demand sounds including 640 Programs and 288 Combinations.
- Powerful Effects with 5 Inserts, 2 Master, and 1 Total FX, plus per track/timbre EQ.
- Distinctive aluminum panel design exudes a sense of quality.
- USB connection to your computer, plus an SD Card slot for data storage.
- You can use the Krome editor to edit sounds on your computer.
- Available in 61, 73, and 88 key models.
The Korg Krome Music Workstation will be available Fall 2012 with U.S. Street pricing of: $999 (61-key); $1199 (73-key); $1599 (88-key).
Krome Plug-In Editor supports VST/RTAS in Windows (32- and 64-bit), VST/ Audio Unit/RTAS in Macintosh (32-bit).