Korg has expanded its microKEY USB Powered Keyboard and MIDI Controller family. The microKEY-37 is now joined by the portable microKEY-25 and the five-octave microKEY-61 for the studio musician. As an added bonus, the microKEY-61 comes with the exclusive Legacy Collection Suite - the collection of software versions of some of Korg's most coveted synthesizers, including the iconic M1 Workstation, plus effects plug-ins - to add to musicians' sonic arsenals.
For budget-minded computer musicians seeking portability and power without sacrificing keyboard feel and function, the microKEY is an ideal way to create a compact and customized MIDI command center. Free editing software and a selection of included software bundle licenses and discount coupons make the microKEY even more cost effective.
For added flexibility and control, the microKEY 37- and 61-key models both serve double-duty as a USB hub. Two USB ports (Type A) allow users to expand their control center by adding on a Korg nanoPAD2, nanoKONTROL2 or any other USB device. The Mac and PC-compatible microKEYs also run on USB power, making them well-suited for on-the-go laptop musicians. For iPad musicians, the microKEY-25 can be used to control apps such as the Korg iMS-20 via MIDI (see korg.com for details).
All microKEY models feature velocity-sensing mini keys, using the same Natural Touch keybed found on the Korg microKORG XL and microSTATION. This keybed has been designed with careful attention to the touch and feel: the proportions of the black keys and white "waterfall" keys have been adjusted for optimal playability, with a key touch that makes it easy to play chords, glissandos and rapid-fire phrases. The microKEY also accurately conveys the dynamics of the user's performance to any software package.
Octave Shift buttons, when used in conjunction with the Key Transpose function, enable the full range of notes in the MIDI specification to be covered. For added expression during a performance, the 37- and 61-key models feature a pitch bend wheel and modulation wheel. The 25-key model features a built-in arpeggiator, a sustain/tap button, and an assignable joystick for pitch bend, modulation, or any other control change.
Free "Korg KONTROL Editor" software enables users to customize microKEY for their production or performance system. Eight velocity curves plus fixed velocity (nine total types) are provided, as well as options for specifying the control change number of the modulation wheel or joystick and the maximum and minimum values.
- USB MIDI keyboard – thin, lightweight, and USB-powered.
- Velocity-sensitive natural-touch mini-keyboard with excellent playing feel.
- Three models to choose from:
- The highly portable 25-key model.
- The space-saving 37-key model that's ideal for a production setup.
- The 61-key model for the performing musician.
- Octave Shift and Key Transpose features access the full MIDI note range.
- Versatile controls include arpeggiator buttons, sustain/tap button, and joystick (25 key).
- Pitch Bend and Modulation wheels add expression to your performance (37 key, 61 key).
- Plug and play computer connectivity; no need to install a driver.
- Can be connected directly to an iPad (25-key model requires the Camera Connection Kit).
- Dual USB ports; ideal for adding Korg's nanoPAD or other USB devices to your setup (37 key, 61 key).
- A generous assortment of licenses and discount coupons for popular software titles is included.
- Korg Kontrol Editor is included.
- A license is included for the "Korg Legacy Collection Special Bundle," containing software versions of Korg's classic synthesizers (61-key model only).
In addition to the Korg Legacy Collection software included with the microKEY-61, all microKEY models ship with the following software licenses and discount coupons so users can start making music right away:
- A license to download M1 Le, a limited edition of Korg's M1 software synthesizer that brings the sounds of the M1 Music Workstation to computer musicians. Users may also upgrade to the full "M1 software synthesizer," "Wavestation v1.6 software synthesizer," or "MDE-X v1.2 multi-effect plug-in" bundles (included with 25- and 37-key models only).
- A license to download Toontrack's software drum sound module "EZdrummer Lite," giving users access to numerous high-quality drum sounds.
- A discount coupon for Ableton's "Live," "Live Suite," or "Live LE" DAW software, widely popular for its sophisticated functionality.
- A license for "Lounge Lizard Session," the physical modeling sound module from Applied Acoustics Systems, famed for its richly expressive electric piano sounds.
- A license for "Ultra Analog Session," the analog modeling synthesizer from Applied Acoustics Systems, acclaimed for its fat, powerful sounds.
Pricing & Availability
- In stores Summer 2012.
- U.S. street price $69.99.
- In stores now.
- U.S. street price $79.99.
- In stores Summer 2012.
- U.S. street price $179.99.
For more information, please visit www.korg.com.