Korg has introduced the Kaoss DJ, a USB and standalone DJ controller that features a built-in Kaoss Pad; Korg's famous and unique touch pad-based effects control surface. The compact, lightweight and stylish design maintains all the functionality DJs command. Compatible with any MIDI-compatible DJ software, Kaoss DJ also integrates seamlessly with Serato DJ Intro software (free download).
"By concentrating on simplicity and design, and including the powerful Kaoss PAD technology, we can provide a DJ controller with unique features not found on competing products. Despite its compact size, Kaoss DJ is loaded with powerful and familiar performance features that are all laid out to be friendly and fast, " stated James Sajeva, Brand Manager for Korg products.
Large LED level meters placed on both sides of the body provide excellent visual feedback to the user, and cueing, hot cues, looping, A/B sync, touch platters, pitch controls, EQ, FX on/off control, powerful Kaoss effects and more position the Kaoss DJ as a professional-level USB DJ controller that's built to perform. Kaoss DJ also includes 2 stereo inputs and a mic input which can be used with the onboard USB Audio Interface. Away from the computer, Kaoss DJ can also function as a traditional multi-channel DJ mixer.
Overview and Specs:
- Multi-function DJ controller/mixer in a slim, compact body.
- Built-in Kaoss pad.
- Serato DJ Intro (Free Download).
- 2 ch Mixer.
- Connections: CD/LINE x 2 stereo (RCA), MIC x 1 (1/4 inch Phone).
- Output: MASTER OUT x 1 stereo (RCA), Headphone Monitor OUT x 1 (1/4 inch Phone).
- Other terminals: USB x 1 (Type B), Audio I/O, Input 1, Output 2.
- Sampling Rate: 24-bit, 44.1kHz / 48 kHz.
- Frequency: 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz.
- Total harmonic distortion: less than 0.002% (USB).
- S/N Rate: More than 100 dB (USB).
- Power Supply: 5V USB Buss Power.
- Dimensions & Weight: 307 (W) x 158 (H) x 42 (D) mm, 730g.
- Accessories: USB cable.
Pricing and availability have not yet been announced.