24th September 2012
Korg has announced the availability of seven additional expansion libraries and sample sound libraries for the Korg Kronos Music Workstation. These expansion libraries include: EXs64 KARO Ethno World and EXs67 KARO Upright Piano by KARO, as well as new titles from Korg's newest third party sound developers, Irish Acts and Kid Nepro. New titles from Irish Acts include: EXs90 Kronos Assault, and new Kid Nepro titles include EXs80 Vintage Synths, EXs 82 Hit Factory, KRS80 Soundtrack Mix, and KRS81 Sonix Bliss.
- EXs90 Kronos Assault ($180): includes massive, luscious pads, movie sounds and effects, all topped off with a selection of classic synth sounds, plus an assortment of sampled human voices, from natural sounds to dreamy vocals.
- Exs80 Vintage Synths ($69): includes over 250 MB of new sample data with a wide assortment of classic analog basses, leads, pads, strings & killer synth sounds that have that vintage analog sound. An assortment of Programs & Combis that utilize KARMA and are perfect for producers and keyboard players looking for classic synth sounds to add to their Kronos.
- Exs82 Hit Factory ($69): a mix of Programs & Combis utilizing KARMA. Hit factory includes six new drum kits with hundreds of samples. Also included are a wide mix of funk guitars, orchestra hits, noises, scratches, human beat boxes, analog vocoders and more.
- KRS80 Soundtrack Mix ($39): features a mix of killer pads, synth sounds and unique rhythms - an assortment of different "atmospheres" that are ideally suited for TV, video games, film projects, or for composers scoring modern classical music.
- KRS81 Sonix Bliss ($39): focuses on the MOD-7 sound engine, including a wide assortment of classic FM-style synth sounds along with a mix of complex sounds. Everything from '80s DX-style electric pianos to modern 21st-century synths is included, with a mix of basses, leads, pads, drums, percussion and much more.
- Exs64 Ethno World (special price of $199 [Normally $249]): The first World library for the KORG Kronos, EXs64 KARO Ethno World was produced in collaboration with Erkan Ucar (Ecomusik). These Ethno instruments-include strings, winds, keyboards, percussion, and more-were collected around the globe and arranged into this single versatile library.
- Exs67 Upright Piano (special price of $99 [Normally $169]): EXs67 Upright Piano delivers the familiar sound of an upright piano, with all the modern advantages and possibilities that Kronos technology has to offer. A traditional German piano was sampled with 6 velocity layers, for a total of 1.6GB of high-quality samples, and 36 Programs specifically designed for them - including six by Michael Geisel of Korg & More in Germany.
All libraries are available at: www.korg.com/kronos/SoundLibraries.
Free demo versions of the EXs libraries can be downloaded; purchasing an authorization code from the secure Korg Web Shop unlocks full access to the libraries.
10 Apr 2013 Korg Unveils Kross Keyboard
24 Jan 2013 Korg announces MS-20 mini
26 Nov 2012 KORG releases iPolysix for iOS (iPad)
17 Sep 2012 Korg announces Krome Music Workstation
26 Sep 2011 Korg updates LegacyCell for Windows to v1.2.4
28 Jun 2011 Korg announces MR2 Portable Recorder Giveaway
21 Dec 2010 Korg updates Wavestation for Mac to v1.6.6
18 Nov 2010 Korg releases iMS-20 for iPad
18 Nov 2010 Korg unbundles Legacy Collection Series Plug-ins