Kotkas has announced version 3 of Paax, their VST sampler for Windows. Pricing and availability has not yet been announced.
Paax 3 Pro New Features:
- Improved MicroGranular time-domain technology for advanced time-stretching and pitch-shifting; individual settings for sound duration, fundamental (tone) and harmonics (timbre) transposition.
- New multi-mode resonant filter (low-, high-, band-pass and band-stop) with up to 30 dB resonance.
- New direct disk streaming option for straight-from-the-drive sample playback (no need for lots of RAM).
- New stereo flanger effect.
- New import of DS-404 preset files (.404).
- Up to 256 voice polyphony.
- Optimized audio engine (~20% faster).
- New GUI with a fresh style in light colors (screenshot).
- New option for circular/linear knob action.