KV331 Audio and Beat Magazine have released the free (with magazine) SynthMasterBE software synthesizer plug-in. It's available with Beat Magazine issue 86 (02/13) in VST and AU formats on Windows and Mac OS X.
SynthMasterBE is a cut-down version of SynthMaster with the following feature set:
- Single layer synth with:
- 2 'basic' oscillators.
- 2 modulators (sub-oscillators) that can modulate phase/frequency/amplitude of oscillators at audio rate.
- 1 digital filter with LP/HP/BP/BS modes, before/after filter distortion curve.
- 1 arpeggiator with up to 8 steps.
- 4 ADSR envelopes (2 are pre-patched as amplitude and filter envelopes).
- 1 Step/Glide LFO and 1 Triangle/Square LFO.
- Polyphony: up to 12 voices.
- Unison: up to 2 voices.
- Osc Voice Stacking: up to 4 voices.
- Modulation Matrix: 10 slots available.
- Oversampling: 2x (at Good Quality).
- Delay, Chorus and Reverb effects.
- 70 Factory presets by Michael Kastrup, Rob Lee and Aiyn Zahev.
Readers who register their copies of SynthMasterBE will have access to the SynthMasterBE online presets library to share their own presets with others. By registering, they will also receive a 25% off discount coupon valid for 30 days towards the purchase of SynthMaster.