15th November 2006
KV331 Audio has announced SynthMaster and released SynthMaster FREE.
SynthMaster is a semi-modular software synthesizer and multi-FX plug-in. As a software synthesizer, it combines many different synthesis methods such as additive synthesis, subtractive synthesis, ring modulation, amplitude modulation, frequency / phase modulation, pulse width modulation, osc sync and waveshaping. As a multi-fx plug-in, it features 8 band parametric EQ/filterbank, 16 band Vocoder, Stereo Tremolo, Stereo Chorus, Stereo Delay and Stereo Reverb.
SynthMaster has two versions: The free version, and the standard version.
The free version is identical to the standard version with only three limitations:
- 5 voice polyphony per plug-in.
- 2 plug-in instances per project.
- 10 bit audio input resolution (for the VST/standalone versions).
- 64 voice polyphony.
- 3 Additive Oscillators per voice: Each multi-waveform oscillator has its own volume / frequency (pitch) envelope.
- 3 Multi-mode Stereo Filters per voice: Each filter has 23 different filter types and 18 different distortion types. Filters can be connected in three different configurations: Series, parallel and split.
- 4 Modulators per voice: The modulators can be used as LFOs (low frequency oscillators) or audio rate oscillators to modulate other modulators, multi-mode filters or the additive oscillators. Each modulator has its own envelope.
- 2 MIDI LFOs: These 2 LFOs are used to generate MIDI CC (control change) messages to modulate plug-in parameters. Since each controller can be linked to multiple plug-in parameters, it is possible to modulate all of those parameters at the same time using the MIDI LFOs.
- 2 32 step Patterns: The patterns could be used as waveforms for modulators or MIDI LFOs. Since the number of steps is user adjustable, it is possible to generate patterns in rhythms other than 4/4 such as 9/8, 7/8, etc.
- 16 Step Arpeggiator: Every step has its own volume, length and delta. The number of steps is user adjustable, so it is possible to generate arpeggios in rhythms other than 4/4, such as 9/8, 7/8, 5/8, etc.
- 8 Band parametric EQ/Filterbank: The EQ could be constructed in different combinations such as parallel, series, or input + series. Each band in the EQ could be bypassed, which makes it possible to construct a very flexible parametric EQ.
- Stereo Echo / Delay: The echo effect has feedback and filter cutoff parameters, and its delay size is tempo synced.
- 16 Band Vocoder: The vocoder uses analog modeled bandpass filters. Either the synth output or the audio input can be used as carrier/modulator signal for the vocoder.
- Stereo Chorus / Flanger: The chorus effect in SynthMaster has separate delay and rate controls for the left and right outputs, which widens the stereo width of the effect output.
- Stereo Reverb: The reverb effect in SynthMaster is based on physical modeling. You can specify physical parameters such as the room size, the distance of the left & right sound sources, and the width between the sound sources.
- Microtuning: Each plug-in instance can have its own custom tuning specified.
- MIDI Links: Plug-in parameters can be easily linked to MIDI controllers. Each plug-in instance has its own parameter-controller link settings.
- "Partial" Presets: Plug-in parameters for various parts of SynthMaster can be saved independently, which makes it very easy to create complex presets by combining different "partial" presets.
The free version of SynthMaster is available now in VST format (effect and instrument) for Windows; the standard version will be available for sale around mid-December and it will cost $99.
02 May 2013 KV331 Audio updates SynthMaster to v2.6.3
17 Apr 2013 KV331 Audio updates SynthMaster to v2.6.2
01 Apr 2013 SynthMaster Spring Sale: 20% off through April
18 Mar 2013 KV331 Audio Releases SynthMaster 2.6
12 Feb 2013 KV331 Audio updates Synthmaster to v188.8.131.52
06 Dec 2012 KV331 Audio updates SynthMaster to v184.108.40.206