The 2009 KVR Developer Challenge has finally some to an end. Thank you to all developers who took the time to create something and enter the Challenge and thank you to everyone who has donated and those who have taken the time to download and vote.
The prize fund is currently $1,850 USD, a fantastic achievement. It would be great to break the $2,000 barrier before we dish out the prizes though! I'll keep the donation link active over the weekend before divvying up the prize fund to the winners next week.
Now, without further ado, I'm very pleased to announce the winners are:
FerricTDS by bootsie
With over twice as many points as the second placed entry, FerricTDS by bootsie, a Windows VST effect Tape Dynamics Simulator plug-in, is the clear favourite in this year's Challenge. Bootsie wins 30% of the prize fund as the top Windows entry.
HybridReverb2 by c.borss
In second place, and top placed Mac entry, is HybridReverb2 by c.borss, a convolution-based reverberation VST effect plug-in for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. c.borss wins 30% of the prize fund as the top Mac entry.
FMMF by de la Mancha
Another 121 points behind in third place is FMMF by de la Mancha, a 4 operator FM (Frequency Modulation) synthesizer VST instrument plug-in for Windows. de la Mancha gets 20% of the prize fund as the next highest placed entry.
Congratulations to the top three and honorable mentions to the seven that complete the top 10:
- Twin Engined Verb (by daz.diamond) (just 4 points behind third place!).
- massTURBOtar (by LpD).
- Antopya (by L-Day).
- Phase Shifter (by Astralp).
- SpectroBits (by g200kg).
- PanCake (by Jakob / CableGuys).
- EQUINOX (by IIRs).
As per the rules, this leaves 20% of the prize fund to be allocated. daz.diamond's Twin Engined Verb was just 4 points off the third place spot so I feel it would be appropriate to select this as the "wild card random selection", getting 10% of the prize fund. So, the last 10% still needs to to be decided - this can be discussed here in the DC Forum.
Here are direct links to all the other entries (in order). Thanks again to everyone for entering. I hope to see you all in DC'10.
- Prodigious Synthesizer (by synthescience).
- Transistorhead (by sonicase).
- NCL Phase EQ (by matt42).
- Metatron by Psychic Modulation (by Jack R).
- Stolon (by novaflash).
- RA Mowg (by Chris Roberson).
- amphetamine by easytoolz (by NEK-X).
- Black Ops (by gpunk).
- _02.circles (by rl).
- New Blend (by xoxos).
- Harsh Digital Nose (by insertpizhere).
- Eigenmode (by eigentone).
- dimensional vector spider (by afdarhus).
- Armchair Guitarist (by Minouris).
- Midi LFO (by gertius).
- sg-grainbot (by synthgeek).
- Barberpole Tuner (by Christian Budde).
- Explor3r (by thelowerrhythm).
- Drum Synze (updated) (by Longsoft).
- Anawave (by Lithium).
- MoarF VSTi (by __F__).
- SynekDC (by duncanparsons).
- Piezo Drum Pad Pack (by FrettedSynth).
- JBM Jagular (by jobromedia).
- dschlon_nzElektrik (by Michael Benjamin).
- unicycle (by spacedad).
- pk_hui (by discodaniel).
- SIMPLICITY (by BONES).
- Phonics/Attack Entrancer (by nix808).
- In-Kult (by mickygemma).
- The Marcus Johnson Collection (by sunahura).