9th November 2012
Here's what they say about it:
HYDi can only be described as one thing - Quirky. Based on a simple 3xOsc subtractive synth workflow, but with some twists. She has two voices - but is not duophonic, and should be played like a monosynth. She's built on a Don Buchla inspired philosophy - "Uniqueness above all else". Built with more heart than technology.
- Generator 1 & 2 : 18x Different waveshapes/processes.
- x-parameter: PW, Morph, Destable, etc. (when available).
- Generator 3 : Sub-divided into 3 Categories:
- Auxiliary : 9x extra waveshapes.
- Noize : 7x types.
- Sub-generator : 5x waveshapes.
- 2x LFO: 9x shapes.
- 4x Envelopes:
- 1x Dedicated ADSR DCA (Punch & Exponential Responses available).
- 1x Dedicated Filter ADSR .
- 1x Free ADSR.
- 1x Free AD.
- 3 out of the 4 Envelopes has a "reset to zero" option - as a bonus, but be careful - can cause clicks - especially the DCA.
- Main DCF - 11 types:(zero-delay-feedback)
- LP12 A, LP12 B, LP18, LP24 A, LP24 B*, LP6 (with resonance).
- LP-LP, LP-BR, BP-LP, BP6, HP12.
*Original code by Teemu Voipio.
- Small 4note Sequencer.
- 3x Play modes:
- Mono (not really mono, but flip-voice and release steal - didn't fit on the GUI).
- Dual - not duophonic - similar to the above - but release stages will overlap.
- Unison - Actually as the name implies - Voice2 can be delayed as well.
- 2x Effects slots: Effects specially designed/tweaked for HYDi:
- Alfa Chorus - pretty unique under the hood.
- Dual BPM Delays .
- Three Band Resonator - the synth EQ.
- Digital Hell - Continuous Bit-Depth Manipulation, SampleRate Reduction that follows the highest note, OR bit-toggling and finally sprinkled with "J1 shaper" a Bessel function of the first kind.
- Theta Flanger - Made to chill.
- Polar Phaser - same as above.
- SSB Frequency Shifter.
- Early Reflections Generator - space, without the reverb.
- Modulation Reverb - simple - for big chorused spaces.
- Zero Modulation Reverb - exact opposite of above, more "focused".
- Transgate - simple 8x step gate - with a choice for any two steps to have on probability.
Changes in v1.1:
- Various Bug-fixes.
10 Jan 2014 TD updates HYDi for Windows VST to v1.3
09 Nov 2012 KVRDC12: TD HYDi Subtractive Synth