Here's what they say about it:
This plug-in is an easy to use distance "pan-pot" based on several psycho-acoustic models. The idea is to give mixing engineer a reliable tool which allows him to manipulate the "depth" of several sound sources in a straight forward and convincing manner.
Several models can be combined:
- Distance signal delay by speed of sound.
- Distance gain loss.
- Absorption of high-frequencies in air.
- Stereo width manipulation.
- Proximity effect of virtual microphone.
- Distance based early reflections.
Distance modulation options extend the creative possibilities even further. Units can be switched from metric (meters) to imperial (inches).
The plug-in is a candidate for the KVR Developer Challenge 2012, and available in 32 and 64-bits versions for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and AU format. Proximity is a collaborative effort by Tokyo Dawn Labs and Vladg/Sound.