With the download and voting stage of the KVR Developer Challenge 2014 in full swing we're posting a series of news items highlighting each release. You can download the entries for free and make a donation to the prize fund if you wish to do so here.
Mormox Imitate by easytoolz is an "Emulation" of a very new hardware-synth from Greece, called "Murmux Initate". And it has a very "simple" structure at original: 2 Oscillators with 2 waves (Saw and Pulse) with Subosc, Lowpass-Filter, simple LFO, 2 Envelopes (one AD, one ADSR)... that's all.
My "Emu" has some extra Features, indeed, I have tried to receive the brilliantly easy
- 2 OSC with Saw and Pulse, 2 Octave Tuner-knobs and FM-Modulation (Osc1 > Cutoff).
- Sub-oscillator (one Octave lower as Osc1) with Pulsewave.
- Combined Lowpass-Bandpass-Filter with Cutoff and Resonance and ADSR EG.
- LFO with Rate and Depth Pots for Oscillator or Cutoff Modulations.
- Special ADSR EG with embedded LFO/Loop (Ramp and S/H waves), the Sustain-pot regulates the intensity. Targets are the Amplifier, Oscillator Tuning or Cutoff .
- Delay section with Pan-LFO > Glide and > warm Shaper/Overdrive.
- Monophonic and only 18 Patches at moment, Sorry but my time did not reach for more.
Maybe at an Update after the DC ;)
Update to V1.1: MIDI Controller inserted.
Advanced Audio + Application Exchange
New this year is a grand prize from KVR Audio and A3E (Advanced Audio + Application Exchange). The winning developer will have the opportunity to present their entry at the A3E show in Boston, September 23-24, 2014.
The winning developer will be provided with transportation to Boston, two nights stay at one of the A3E host hotels for the nights of Monday, September 22 and Tuesday, September 23, 2014.
The winner will also receive a complimentary A3E Audio Developer Conference pass, special recognition on the A3E website and at the A3E event in Boston, as well as a dedicated announcement and press release to A3E's global industry communities.
We have several additional sponsors this year. Remember, anyone who enters, donates or votes will be eligible for the prize drawing for any of these (and more to come) prizes.
Thanks to the following for their donations of additional prizes: