23rd December 2008
Lexicon has announced its new I·ONIX U22, U42S, and U82S USB Desktop Recording Interfaces. The I·ONIX Series aims to offer the highest quality hardware and software to provide the user with exceptional recordings. Each model provides all the necessary tools to transform a computer into a professional 24-bit digital recording studio including the USB 2.0 desktop recording interface, Steinberg Cubase LE4 multi-track Windows and Mac OS X recording software, Toontrack EZdrummer Lite virtual instrument software, and the new Lexicon Pantheon II VST/AU reverb plug-in.
The I·ONIX Desktop Recording Series sit in the perfect location when using a DAW, between your keyboard and monitor. Now all the monitor and input level controls are at your fingertips. The I·ONIX Series are meticulously crafted from the highest quality components to ensure superior recordings that live up to Lexicon's standards of performance. Each desktop recording interface features newly designed dbx microphone preamps on all analog inputs. The preamps are driven by a high-voltage supply to guarantee stability and provide superior recordings across a wide dynamic range. Performance driven A/D-D/A converters ensure pristine 24-bit/96kHz audio quality.
The Pantheon II VST/AU plug-in offers six reverb types with 16 adjustable parameters, and 35 factory presets that range from Vocal to Live Sound and Special Effects. The rich, full reverbs make it easy to add dimension and depth to any track.
Each of the three models allows for a different level of recording capability. The U22 can record two channels simultaneously and includes two analog combi-jack mic/line inputs, two TRS balanced line outputs, a Hi-Z instrument input, a 1/4" high-power headphone output, and MIDI I/O. The U42S records four analog and two digital channels simultaneously, and the U82S can record eight analog and two digital channels. In addition, the U42S and U82S include four and eight analog combi-jack mic/line inputs respectively, S/PDIF I/O, two instrument inputs, and two 1/4" headphone outputs. Dedicated knobs and meters provide quick and easy access to input and output levels and locking combi-jacks make sure that a connection is not lost in the middle of a performance.
The I·ONIX Desktop Recording Interfaces all include:
- USB 2.0 connection to the DAW, up to 480Mbps.
- 44.1 to 96 kHz sample rates, 24-bit resolution.
- Two, Four, or Eight analog 1/4" and XLR combi-jack mic/line inputs.
- Two analog TRS (Stereo Main) outputs.
- dbx high-voltage, ultra-low noise mic preamps on all analog inputs.
- 48V phantom power for each input pair.
- Input signal metering via 8 LEDs per channel.
- Signal mixing and stereo bus signal metering.
- Up to two 1/4" high output headphone connections.
- Up to two Hi-Z instrument inputs.
- Zero latency Direct/Playback monitoring.
- Low latency ASIO drivers.
- Pantheon II VST/AU reverb plug-in.
- Steinberg Cubase LE4 and Toontrack EZdrummer Lite software packages.
- Supports Windows and Mac platforms.
Pricing and availability to be announced.