Liine has announced the release of Kapture Pad for iPhone, iPod and iPad, an app that allows you to take snapshots of your Ableton Live set and recall them at will. Kapture Pad also adds powerful sound-morphing capabilities to Live. It costs $5.99.
Kapture Pad extends Ableton Live's capabilities by allowing you to take snapshots of all mixer and device parameters in your set and recall them instantly. The inclusion of snapshot morphing makes Kapture Pad not only an indispensable live performance utility but also a mind-bending sound design tool.
Kapture Pad builds on the success of specialised software originally created for Richie Hawtin's Plastikman Live show. It offers a clean and easy to use iPhone/iPad interface to manage and perform with snapshots.
Two types of snapshots are available: Global Snapshots and Track Snapshots.
- Global Snapshots store mixer and device parameters for all tracks and all devices (yes, even VST plug-ins and Audio Units).
- Track Snapshots allow morphing between four snapshots on a track using the Morph Pad – an incredible new way to perform electronic music with Live.
Both types of snapshots offer filtering so that you can choose exactly which devices or tracks you want Kapture to control.
Kapture and trigger snapshots on the fly during performance, or prepare your snapshots in advance. Kapture Pad can be used in many different ways, here are just a few:
- Be more daring: First, Kapture a great loop. Then, feel free to push the envelope and really let loose with those effects. Now, one tap is all it takes to jump right back to that perfect groove.
- Performance and sound design: Get acquainted with morphing. Never before has this been possible in Ableton Live. Kapture four wildly different sounds and discover new sounds by smoothly morphing between them.
- Set the stage for each song: People often wonder how to manage many songs with different mix, instrument and effect settings in one Live set. Kapture Pad is the answer.
- DJ-style XY pad: Wondering how to raise the bar with your DJ performances? Morph effect snapshots and create your own signature sonic weapons.
- Timed chaos: trigger snapshots with clips in Live. Combine these with follow actions and you can create fantastic changes synced to the beat.