LinPlug has announced the release of the Spectral, its new synthesizer AU and VST plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows.
Spectral is the result of more than 14 years of synthesizer building experience. Someone being familiar with subtractive synthesis will feel right at home with the Spectral, because one can choose an oscillator waveform, choose a filter shape and go on from there. But Spectral delivers far more options than one would expect from the well sorted user interface. Both Oscillator Waveform and Filter Shape can be edited in depth and created from scratch. This unique audio engine is capable of delivering many sounds never heard before.
- Four Oscillator and Filter modules with powerful yet detailed harmonics and filter band editing and modification functions.
- Extensive Oscillator and Filter audio rate cross-modulations.
- Each Oscillator and Filter with own dedicated envelope to control its volume or frequency respectively.
- Additional 3 freely assignable Modulation Envelopes.
- Versatile Arpeggiator with in depth editing of every step, including length, transpose, voice number and Glide.
- Five LFOs with various waveforms, up to 320 Hz, tempo-sync, poly-, mono- and one-shot-mode, unipolar and bipolar options, integrated delay-attack-envelope, phase, symmetry and smoothing adjustable.
- 15 slot Modulation Matrix with 35 sources and more than 100 destinations including all important parameters.
- Fully recognizes Velocity, Aftertouch, Pitch Bend, Modulation-Wheel and various other MIDI controllers.
- A sophisticated effects section containing 15 Effects including various Delays, Chorus, Phaser, Filter, Reverb, Flanger, Gator, Stereo Enhancer, Parametric EQ and Crusher.
- Glide / Portamento featuring mono/polyphonic operation, constant Time / Rate operation, Auto-Bend Modes and detailed options on where Glide takes place.
- 32-voice polyphony (CPU and sound program dependent) and adjustable voice limit.
Pricing & Availability
Spectral is available for 32- and 64-bit Windows and Mac OS X in AU and VST plug-in formats. It comes with a 95 page English manual in PDF format and more than 850 factory presets.
The license fee is $149 / €119. Until the end of 2013 Spectral is available for the introductory price of $99 / €79.
A demo version, more info and audio demos are available at www.linplug.com/spectral