The cover DVD with issue 107 (December 2006) of Computer Music magazine in the UK features AlphaCM, an exclusive, specially enhanced version of LinPlug's forthcoming FreeAlpha3 plug-in synth. The main difference between FreeAlpha3 and AlphaCM is the combined amp and ring modulation control built into the latter.
- Two Oscillators each able to combine two waveshapes from a palette of 30.
- Oscillator detune.
- Ring Modulation and Amplitude Modulation.
- 4-mode filter with envelope.
- Syncable LFO.
- 7-slot modulator matrix.
- Various Glide modes, including auto-pitchbend.
- Chorus effect.
- Large library of CM-exclusive presets.
- Includes legacy FreeAlpha presets.
AlphaCM is available as a VST plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X (PPC and Intel).
Also on this month's CM DVD are 2,400 royalty-free samples, including 1,936 24-bit Future Funk sounds.