Liqube Audio has updated Resonic Pro, an audio browser and sample manager for Windows, to v0.8.8b.
This major Pro update introduces Propellerhead REX/RX2/RCY support with slice display, visual track length indicators for the file list, font size settings for file list and browser, and improved metadata support (including Soundminer and NI.)
- Pro: Now plays sampled loops and grooves in Propellerhead REX2 and REX format (.rx2 .rex) as well as ReCycle document files (.rcy). While we reduced loading times a bit please note that .rx2 is not a streaming format, i.e., files have to be fully loaded into memory prior to playback. This is not the case for .rex and .rcy. Optimized code is used to speed up .rx2 metadata scans. Metadata is also imported from .rex and .rcy files. Slice markers are imported and can be used to set loops or extract slices. Unused REX memory is periodically released to keep memory usage low.
- Pro: 'Visual Length Indicators' visualize the relative duration of files you are working with using a horizontal line of varying intensity below the file name. This feature is intended to be used to visually separate short samples from long ones and is limited to 30 seconds, which equals full width.
- Pro: Marker labels are now displayed on top of the waveform, when available. Labels are read from Wave and AIFF files.
- Context-sensitive menus added to browser and file list tab bars (the big arrows.).
- 'Font Size' presets (small, medium, large, x-large, xx-large) let you pick a pre-defined font size for both file list and browser, separately.
- 'Display Density' presets (compact, cozy, comfortable) let you pick a pre-defined row height for both file list and browser, separately.
- Pro: A lot of additional content is now available to the file list columns, e.g., Soundminer and Native Instruments metadata. More info on this in a bit.
- 'Vertical waveform zoom' is now 'Waveform peak scale'.
- Unofficial test builds will now show a watermark on top of the waveform.
- Made it harder to accidentally drag folders onto other folders, i.e., mouse cursor needs to be moved further to actually initiate a drag & drop operation.
- Newly added folders could appear twice in browser.
- Restore last played folder on startup.
- Message boxes not centered properly during startup.
- The Resonic website was updated to be responsive, in case you want to look up the latest changes, some shortcuts, or the documentation from your phone, tablet, or that good old low-resolution backup laptop.