- Waveform peak resolution doubled. Hit the Rescan button to see the difference if files are already cached, or use Menu | Advanced | Clear waveform cache.
- New favorite folders feature (bookmarks). To bookmark a folder right-click it and select Bookmark from the context menu. The folder will from now on appear under Bookmarks in the folder browser, once refreshed with CTRL+F5. Missing or offline folders (e.g. on external drives) will appear grayed.
- New alternative waveform feature. See Menu | Visualization and check the option to activate a different version of the waveform. This feature might change in future versions.
- Introducing a new visualization type, Events, that might be of special interest to demo sceners and mod heads: it visualizes music events in module music (i.e. mod, xm, it, etc.) either by track, or by pitch (see Menu | Visualization). Play any of the supported music files, then either press F12, or use the menu, to change the visualization type to Events.
- Playback progress in analyzer views (suggested: M. Lapierre).
- New Stay on top option (see Menu | Interface), especially useful when files frequently need to be dragged and dropped onto Resonic from Windows Explorer, or from other applications (suggested: L. Castillo).
- New Minimize to tray option (see Menu | Interface).
- New shortcut: ALT+M minimizes to tray and shows icon in notification area.
- New shortcut: CTRL+ALT+I toggles the information bar.
- Played area is not shaded for files shorter than a second, which makes it visually less annoying for looped samples and one-shots.
- Slightly improved waveform painting / CPU usage.
- Much faster folder switching in many cases, especially with folders containing certain archive files, e.g. .zip (reported: Andreasvb).
- Files can now be right-clicked (context menu) without auto-playing them.
- Folders can now be right-clicked (context menu) without auto-expanding them.
- Menu button text replaced with a generic menu symbol.
- Flat visualization button.
- Fixed certain visualization elements looking badly interpolated.
- Fixed menu options not following playback mode (reported: Andreasvb).
- Fixed slow application startup in a certain case.
- Fixed error message not being shown for unsupported files.
- Fixed hover line painting on top of play time in waveform view.
- Fixed several smaller stability issues.
- Fixed Clear waveform cache, now also displays size in megabytes.
- Playback mode Shuffle renamed to Random, which better describes what Resonic is doing in this mode at the moment: randomize playback, not shuffle. Expect proper track shuffling in a future release.
Download at http://resonic.at/download
Updated list of shortcuts available at http://resonic.at/docs/shortcuts
Full list of changes available at http://resonic.at/history