This important release fixes performance issues and related bugs.
- Fixed issues that caused severe visual glitches, effectively making the folder browser unusable and the interface non-responsive to most user input, especially when trying to change folders, until playback is stopped. This problem only occurred for users with lower-spec processors.
- Waveform painting is now up to a 100 times faster, depending on the waveform size and requires much less processing power, and thus much less battery power on laptops as well.
- Window position can now be saved and restored. See Save window position option in Menu | Interface.
- New default waveform, similar to original one. You can use Alternative waveform in Menu | Visualization to toggle the lower, shaded half of the waveform.
- New option to disable the translucent color overlays shading the played area of the waveform in Menu | Visualization. Enabling this option is mainly a design choice, but it can also help reduce processor usage quite a bit, depending on the waveform size. If you're in for performance over visuals make sure you enable this. Note that in any case the overlay is only drawn up to a certain waveform height, and is not drawn for very short sound files.
- Improved file switching speed.
- Clearing the waveform cache now only takes a couple of moments. See Clear waveform cache in Menu | Advanced.
- Waveform cache now uses a little less harddisk space. Since the cache format has changed Resonic will have to rescan your audio files once you start playing them.
- New option use remaining time added to sleep timer (Menu | Sleep Timer). This will simply set and start the sleep timer using the time left in the currently playing track.
- Several color theme changes once again.
Keyboard shortcuts: http://resonic.at/docs/shortcuts
Version history: http://resonic.at/history