This important release fixes performance issues and related bugs.
- Fixed issues that caused severe visual glitches, effectively making the folder browser unusable and the interface non-responsive to most user input, especially when trying to change folders, until playback is stopped. This problem only occurred for users with lower-spec processors.
- Waveform painting is now up to a 100 times faster, depending on the waveform size and requires much less processing power, and thus much less battery power on laptops as well.
- Window position can now be saved and restored. See Save window position option in Menu | Interface.
- New default waveform, similar to original one. You can use Alternative waveform in Menu | Visualization to toggle the lower, shaded half of the waveform.
- New option to disable the translucent color overlays shading the played area of the waveform in Menu | Visualization. Enabling this option is mainly a design choice, but it can also help reduce processor usage quite a bit, depending on the waveform size. If you're in for performance over visuals make sure you enable this. Note that in any case the overlay is only drawn up to a certain waveform height, and is not drawn for very short sound files.
- Improved file switching speed.
- Clearing the waveform cache now only takes a couple of moments. See Clear waveform cache in Menu | Advanced.
- Waveform cache now uses a little less harddisk space. Since the cache format has changed Resonic will have to rescan your audio files once you start playing them.
- New option use remaining time added to sleep timer (Menu | Sleep Timer). This will simply set and start the sleep timer using the time left in the currently playing track.
- Several color theme changes once again.
Keyboard shortcuts: http://resonic.at/docs/shortcuts
Version history: http://resonic.at/history
20 Feb 2013 Liqube updates Resonic Audio Player to Alpha 655
25 Jan 2013 Liqube updates Resonic Audio Player to Alpha 620
01 Jan 2013 Liqube updates Resonic Audio Player to Alpha 540
24 Dec 2012 Liqube updates Resonic Audio Player to Alpha 513