15th December 2010
Little Endian has announced the release of SpectrumWorx version 2.1 for Mac OS X (Intel) and Windows in the form of a VST-plugin. This is the first version that supports Mac OS X, bringing the latest advances in the frequency domain effects processing to this operating system. The Windows version has also been updated.
- Over fifty modules (pitch shifter, classic vocoder, wah-wah, robotizer, wobbler, autotune, reverser, etc.).
- Sophisticated engine optimized for low CPU usage.
- Flexible Preset browser.
- Over 100 presets.
- Highly configurable LFOs.
- External audio support.
- Presets in XML format.
- Slick GUI.
- Detailed User's Guide.
The new version is available for evaluation and purchase immediately at Little Endian's web site. It costs $119 for a Windows or Mac OS X license, $149 for a dual-platform license and $30 to cross-grade between Windows / Mac OS X.
Changes in SpectrumWorx 2.1
- Mac OSX 10.5 and 10.6 support.
- Preset browser "SaveAs" functionality.
- Preset browser "Revert" functionality.
- ".swp" preset file extensions from the Preset Browser display.
- The "Pitch Shifter" module:
- Renamed the "Band Pitch Shifter" module to "Pitch Shifter".
- Existing presets with the "Pitch Shifter" module will load correctly except that SW will warn you about missing start and stop frequency parameters, simply dismiss the warnings and press "Save" (to update the preset with the new Pitch Shifter setup).
- SW will handle existing presets with the "Band Pitch Shifter" module and will load them with as if they referred to the (new) "Pitch Shifter" (please update your affected presets as this special handling may be removed in a future version).
- Frecho: dry signal leakage.
- Crashes and/or lockups when automating global parameters.
- Lost automated parameter changes when rendering.
- Deadlock in Reaper when in demo mode.
- Hosts are now correctly notified about SW IO mode changes (including during project loading).
- Changed the Overlap factor parameter to take only power-of-two values thereby eliminating modes with inherent audible artifacts.
- Slightly polished exported parameter name generation.
- New preset name generation (name of the current program instead of simply "current").
- Significant overall speedup (up to 15%) and binary size reduction.
- Minor system resource usage reduction (SpectrumWorx no longer spawns unnecessary threads).
09 Dec 2013 Little Endian releases Melodify SDK 1.0
28 Oct 2012 Little Endian releases MeterWorx Loudness SDK
22 Dec 2011 Little Endian updates SpectrumWorx to v2.6
06 Dec 2011 Little Endian updates SpectrumWorx SDK to v1.1
29 Jul 2011 Little Endian updates SpectrumWorx to v2.5
19 Apr 2011 Little Endian announces "Easter Sale" discount
22 Feb 2011 Little Endian updates SpectrumWorx to v2.3
31 Jan 2011 Little Endian updates SpectrumWorx to v2.2
23 Jul 2010 Little Endian releases SpectrumWorx 2.0