Loomer has released Shift 2.3.1 for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
This updates adds the following changes:
- (new) AAX 64-bit Native plug-ins for Windows and Mac OS X.
- (new) New modern flat-style UI.
- (new) UI can now be dynamically rescaled.
- (feature) Keyboard entry of rotary parameter values. Rotary controls can now be typed directly into by clicking on the text value below the control.
- (improvement) Improved performance on real-time and very low-latency systems.
- (improvement: Windows) The 32-bit and 64-bit VST plug-ins are now installed as separate components. You can choose which one (s) to install, as well as selecting different install folders for each architecture.
- (feature: Linux) Added "Show Directory" to the preset browser, which will will reveal the selected preset directory in your window manager.
- (improvement: Mac OS X) Installer and all installed components are now signed in compliance with Mac OS X's Gatekeeper system.
- (improvement) Significantly improved UI response speed; reduced CPU usage when parameters are automated whilst the UI is open.
- (improvement: Linux) Presets and configuration files are now located to comply with the XDG Base Directory Specification. Older installations will still use any existing preset library location to maintain backwards compatibility.
- (fix: Mac OS X Audio Unit) Fixed minor memory leak in parameter names.
- (improvement) Fixed CPU spikes which could occur when changing quickly cycling through presets.
- (fix) Fixed typo in display when detuning by a diatonic fourth or fifth.
- (fix) Fixed parameter jumps that could occur in certain hosts when modulating parameters using the XY pad.
- (improvement) Added notches to mid-point of bi-directional modulation rotaries to make it easier to set the values to 0.
Shift can be downloaded for trial at www.loomer.co.uk.