8th February 2013
The release adds the following improvements:
- (feature) Keyboard entry of rotary parameter values. Rotary controls can now be typed directly into by clicking on the text value below the control.
- (fix: Mac OS X Audio Unit) Space key-presses will now always be passed through to Ableton Live, ensuring that Live's transport can be started and stopped, even when String's UI is selected.
- (improvement: Mac OS X) Installer and all installed components are now signed in compliance with Mac OS X 10.8's Gatekeeper system.
- (improvement: Windows) The 32-bit and 64-bit VST plug-ins are now installed as separate components. You can choose which one(s) to install, as well as selecting different install folders for each architecture.
- (improvement: Linux) When using the JACK audio system in standalone mode, the JACK Transport will now control String's tempo.
- (fix: RTAS) Fix for the right-channel muting when bypassing in Pro Tools when used on a mono to stereo track.
- (improvement) Significantly improved UI response speed; reduced CPU usage when parameters are automated whilst the UI is open.
- (improvement: Windows) Clearer font rendering on preset browser.
- (improvement: Windows) Removed C++ runtime libraries redistributable requirement for RTAS plug-ins. The installer no longer installs the C++ runtime library redistributable components when installing the RTAS plug-ins.
- (fix: Linux) User presets are now correctly sorted in alphabetical order within the preset browser.
String 1.3.11 is available for download from www.loomer.co.uk.