19th January 2012
Loomer have updated String for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux to version 1.3.7.
This release adds the following fixes and improvements:
- (Windows) Fixed incredibly rare crash which may occur when first opening the plug-in on certain 32-bit VST Windows hosts.
- (Mac) Workaround for issue that causes the preset browser to become invisible in Digital Performer 7 when the String FX Audio Unit plug-in UI is resized. This workaround, which forces this host to correctly use the Cocoa UI, can be enabled by adding the following line to the String.xml configuration file: <value name="CarbonAUInterface" val="0">
- Massively improved speed and responsiveness of all UI controls.
- Improved CPU usage when tweaking parameters from a hardware controller.
- For the Windows VST plug-in, when using a relative path for the presets folder, the path is now relative to the plug-in's DLL file and not the host's executable file.
- Standalone versions now support multiple simultaneous hardware controllers.
- Preset searches are now multi-threaded. Preset browser can now immediately respond to user interaction, even whilst searching a massive preset library, or when browsing a folder containing a large number of presets.
- (Windows and Linux) Preset meta data (i.e., author name, notes, tags) is now correctly displayed after loading an.FXP based preset or restoring a saved project.
- Various minor compatibility fixes for certain hosts.
13 May 2013 Loomer updates Sequent to v1.3.11
17 Dec 2012 Loomer updates Sequent to 1.3.3
01 Mar 2012 Loomer updates Aspect to v1.7.10
20 Feb 2012 Loomer updates Aspect to v1.7.9
19 Jan 2012 Loomer updates String to v1.3.7
09 Jan 2012 Loomer updates Shift to v2.2.3
17 Nov 2011 Loomer updates Sequent to v1.3.1
19 Sep 2011 Loomer updates Aspect to v1.7.7
02 Aug 2011 Loomer updates String for Mac and Win to v1.3.5
25 Jul 2011 Loomer updates Shift for Windows to v2.2.1
11 Jul 2011 Loomer updates String for Mac to v1.3.2