19th January 2012
Loomer have updated String for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux to version 1.3.7.
This release adds the following fixes and improvements:
- (Windows) Fixed incredibly rare crash which may occur when first opening the plug-in on certain 32-bit VST Windows hosts.
- (Mac) Workaround for issue that causes the preset browser to become invisible in Digital Performer 7 when the String FX Audio Unit plug-in UI is resized. This workaround, which forces this host to correctly use the Cocoa UI, can be enabled by adding the following line to the String.xml configuration file: <value name="CarbonAUInterface" val="0">
- Massively improved speed and responsiveness of all UI controls.
- Improved CPU usage when tweaking parameters from a hardware controller.
- For the Windows VST plug-in, when using a relative path for the presets folder, the path is now relative to the plug-in's DLL file and not the host's executable file.
- Standalone versions now support multiple simultaneous hardware controllers.
- Preset searches are now multi-threaded. Preset browser can now immediately respond to user interaction, even whilst searching a massive preset library, or when browsing a folder containing a large number of presets.
- (Windows and Linux) Preset meta data (i.e., author name, notes, tags) is now correctly displayed after loading an.FXP based preset or restoring a saved project.
- Various minor compatibility fixes for certain hosts.