19th April 2013
ClipShifter is a wave-shaping audio plugin that functions like a clipping-style limiter. It provides enough user controls to be useful in all mixing stages: from distorting basses and drums, to maximizing mix busses and warming-up overall mixes. The sonic characteristics of the clipping distortion can be altered from hard, brickwall-style clipping, to softer saturation with compression.
ClipShifter is released as both a free and paid plugin. The paid plugin ($11.76 USD) adds oversampling with double processing, multiband frequency controls, and mid/side processing.
Major changes and new features from version 2.0.0
Plugin format-Now supports the following formats:
- Windows VST.
- Windows VST3.
- OS X Audio Units.
- OS X VST.
- OS X VST3.
- Smoothness/decay control for waveform view.
- Clip Reduction waveform view.
- Volume zoom control.
Controls and processing:
- Optimization to decrease CPU usage.
- Independent Release control.
- Significant decrease in CPU usage when oversampling.
- Double processing: additional processing of audio when oversampling is on.
- Mid/Side processing: Selectable control for processing only the Mid, Side, or Stereo components of the audio. Includes separate gain control, solo, and width control.
Download links, contact information, and purchasing information can be found at LVC-Audio.
For support and user discussion, visit the LVC-Audio forum hosted by KVR here.