M-RGT Music Regenerative Music Tools has released psyGEN, the latest instrument in the M-RGT suite of experimental synthesizers. Using a granular synthesis engine it adds extensive Modulation and FX capabilities to take any type of 16-/24-/32-bit .wav file source and turn it into a multi-layered composition of great complexity.
psyGEN is capable of unique sound generation in the creation of experimental ambient sound-scapes, drones, special effects, as well as more traditional synthesizer sounds. Anything from long evolving pad drones to glitchy rhythmic grooves can be easily constructed.
psyGEN comes with approximately 330 samples that can used in the creation of new patches or the user can import their own sample files. Sources can be anything from field recordings, voice recordings, or sounds from other sample sources or synthesizers. As with all M-RGT synthesizers, experimentation is highly recommended.
psyGEN also provides a 16 track sequencer with up to 64 steps for each track. Each track is essentially a separate synthesizer that can be played back in sync with the other tracks. Mini compositions can be made with one just one sequencer patch, dovetailing these tracks together and applying separate Modulation to each track.
- 16 track/64 step sequencer with separate pan/volume controls.
- Granular synthesis (detune, frequency, phase, spread, size, stretch, etc).
- 330 provided source samples plus 16-/24-/32-bit .wav audio import capability.
- 3 LFOs.
- 8 Delay and 5 Reverb effects.
- 8 modulation sources.
- 500 patches in 7 banks.
- Tune feature for conforming granular sound to equal temperament.
- 7 channel equalizer.
- Randomization feature for granular synthesis and modulation parameters.
- 3 Envelopes.
- 5 filter types (Low/High/2 Band types/Notch).
- Filter and amplifier key tracking.
- MIDI CC support for controller/Host.
Format: Windows, VST.