24th October 2008
M-Audio has announced distribution and imminent release of the new M-Tron Pro virtual instrument from its software partner GForce Software. Building on the legacy of the original M-Tron, the M-Tron Pro software delivers hundreds of additional sounds, providing instant access to the distinctive tones popularized by The Beatles, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, The Moody Blues, Radiohead* and other luminaries.
The GForce M-Tron Pro 3.5GB sound library features over 200 tape banks (sample sets) including 19 of the original M-Tron tape banks, which have been re-mastered at London's legendary Abbey Road Studios. The instrument also delivers 45 brand-new tape banks and over 700 patches, many created by professional recording artists and programmers. In addition, M-Tron Pro software features a whole new set of easy yet powerful editing controls and synth-type parameters—taking the Mellotron experience way beyond the original tape-playback keyboard.
"M-Tron Pro is a fantastic update for a vintage instrument, breathing new life into those classic sounds," said keyboardist Mark Kelly of the progressive rock group Marillion.
"The M-Tron Pro is a vast improvement on the original M-Tron (which I loved)," remarked Terry Lawless, keyboardist and programmer for U2.
"GForce M-Tron Pro is the holy grail of classic '60s and '70s sounds," said Adam Castillo, marketing director at M-Audio. "It offers customers a faithful reproduction of the classic Mellotron instrument, plus a powerful suite of digital sculpting tools and parameters. It's perfect for musicians and producers who want to shape their own custom sounds—taking vintage inspiration into the future."
- 200+ total tape banks (sample sets), including:
- 45 brand-new tape banks not found in the original M-Tron.
- 19 tape banks from M-Tron virtual instrument, re-mastered at London's legendary Abbey Road Studios.
- Over 40 looped tape banks.
- Over 3.5GB of samples total.
- 700+ patches including many created by world-class recording artists and programmers.
- Up to 35 notes, each individually sampled.
- Dual layer and split keyboard operation.
- Programmable MIDI CC response via MIDI Learn.
- Controllable via MIDI controllers such as the M-Audio Axiom and Oxygen models.
- 29 parameters per layer including synth parameters:
- Vintage-style ensemble and delay effects.
- Low-pass, band-pass and high-pass resonant filter section.
- Tape reverse.
- Tape half speed.
- Dynamic keyboard control, including filter aftertouch.
- Supports standalone, RTAS and VST on Windows XP/SP2, Vista 32, Vista 64.
- Supports standalone, RTAS, AU and VST on OSX 10.4.x, OSX 10.5.x.
Pricing & Availability
M-Audio is the exclusive worldwide distributor of M-Tron Pro software. The M-Tron Pro virtual instrument will be available Monday 27th October, 2008, with an MSRP of $199.95 / €139 / £109. Upgrades will be available for existing M-Tron users for €59 via the GForce Website.
* References to artists and bands are for informational purposes only and do not imply an endorsement or sponsorship of M-Tron Pro by such artists or bands.
10 Apr 2014 GForce Minimonsta 50% Off For 1 Week
13 Feb 2014 GForce Oddity 50% Off For 1 Week
06 Jul 2011 GForce releases Mac version of impOSCar 2
11 Mar 2010 GForce releases OptiTron for M-Tron Pro
23 Jan 2009 GForce announces impOSCar 2
24 Oct 2008 M-Audio and GForce launch M-Tron Pro
27 Aug 2008 GForce updates Oddity and Minimonsta for Mac
07 Nov 2007 GForce releases Virtual String Machine
16 Apr 2007 GForce releases Oddity Universal Binary
13 Mar 2007 GForce releases M-Tron Universal Binary
18 Jan 2007 GForce announce Virtual String Machine
30 Oct 2006 GForce updates impOSCar with Dual Core fix