24th October 2008
M-Audio has announced distribution and imminent release of the new M-Tron Pro virtual instrument from its software partner GForce Software. Building on the legacy of the original M-Tron, the M-Tron Pro software delivers hundreds of additional sounds, providing instant access to the distinctive tones popularized by The Beatles, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, The Moody Blues, Radiohead* and other luminaries.
The GForce M-Tron Pro 3.5GB sound library features over 200 tape banks (sample sets) including 19 of the original M-Tron tape banks, which have been re-mastered at London's legendary Abbey Road Studios. The instrument also delivers 45 brand-new tape banks and over 700 patches, many created by professional recording artists and programmers. In addition, M-Tron Pro software features a whole new set of easy yet powerful editing controls and synth-type parameters—taking the Mellotron experience way beyond the original tape-playback keyboard.
"M-Tron Pro is a fantastic update for a vintage instrument, breathing new life into those classic sounds," said keyboardist Mark Kelly of the progressive rock group Marillion.
"The M-Tron Pro is a vast improvement on the original M-Tron (which I loved)," remarked Terry Lawless, keyboardist and programmer for U2.
"GForce M-Tron Pro is the holy grail of classic '60s and '70s sounds," said Adam Castillo, marketing director at M-Audio. "It offers customers a faithful reproduction of the classic Mellotron instrument, plus a powerful suite of digital sculpting tools and parameters. It's perfect for musicians and producers who want to shape their own custom sounds—taking vintage inspiration into the future."
- 200+ total tape banks (sample sets), including:
- 45 brand-new tape banks not found in the original M-Tron.
- 19 tape banks from M-Tron virtual instrument, re-mastered at London's legendary Abbey Road Studios.
- Over 40 looped tape banks.
- Over 3.5GB of samples total.
- 700+ patches including many created by world-class recording artists and programmers.
- Up to 35 notes, each individually sampled.
- Dual layer and split keyboard operation.
- Programmable MIDI CC response via MIDI Learn.
- Controllable via MIDI controllers such as the M-Audio Axiom and Oxygen models.
- 29 parameters per layer including synth parameters:
- Vintage-style ensemble and delay effects.
- Low-pass, band-pass and high-pass resonant filter section.
- Tape reverse.
- Tape half speed.
- Dynamic keyboard control, including filter aftertouch.
- Supports standalone, RTAS and VST on Windows XP/SP2, Vista 32, Vista 64.
- Supports standalone, RTAS, AU and VST on OSX 10.4.x, OSX 10.5.x.
Pricing & Availability
M-Audio is the exclusive worldwide distributor of M-Tron Pro software. The M-Tron Pro virtual instrument will be available Monday 27th October, 2008, with an MSRP of $199.95 / €139 / £109. Upgrades will be available for existing M-Tron users for €59 via the GForce Website.
* References to artists and bands are for informational purposes only and do not imply an endorsement or sponsorship of M-Tron Pro by such artists or bands.