Mackie updates Tracktion to v220.127.116.11
19th January 2006
19th January 2006
Mackie has released Tracktion v18.104.22.168, which includes several feature enhancements and bug fixes.
- Custom Control Surface Creation: Tracktion now supports the creation of Custom Control Surfaces for control of the transport, navigation, options, and channels. Users can now control many aspects of Tracktion's operation with their favorite low-cost hardware controller, or even the sliders, buttons, and keys on their MIDI controller keyboard. These custom controllers support 1, 4, and 8 channel bank changes so a controller can easily be set to control track parameters for all tracks.
- MP3 Import and MP3/Ogg Export: MP3 files can now be imported using drag and drop or the import audio file dialog using the LAME codec. This codec handles the MP3 conversions. The first time a user tries to import or export an MP3, they will be prompted to find the LAME codec on their computer.
- MIDI Loop Recording: The user can now create MIDI loop clips during loop record that function the same as audio loop clips by choosing "overlay new clips containing newly recorded MIDI" as the MIDI input action setting. The "merge newly recorded MIDI into any existing clips" action will still merge looped MIDI into one take, while the "replace existing clips with newly recorded MIDI clips" action will only keep the last take during loop record.
- Support for Frontier Design Group Tranzport: Tracktion 2.1 can be controlled with the Frontier Design Group Tranzport wireless controller.
- Filter Icon "Quick Control Parameter": All filter icons can display any automatable parameter as a small horizontal slider on the filter icon for quick adjustments. This is called the Quick Control Parameter. This can be used for example to quickly adjust the decay time on a reverb plug-in, without having to open the plug-in GUI.
- File Import Improvements: Importing multiple files into an edit from the import files dialog or via drag and drop has been greatly improved. The user can now select multiple files from the edit import file dialog. When importing via this dialog, drag and drop, or from a CD on the PC, the user will be presented with a dialog allowing them to choose how the files will be placed into the edit.
- MIDI Bank Select Messages: Users can now select programs on multiple banks using the MIDI input properties. This is useful for users of external MIDI sound modules with multiple banks of programs. The MIDI input programs list lets you select the number of banks you wish to display, and submenus for each bank allow you select programs from any bank, sending the bank change and program change at once. Program changes on a MIDI clip are now editable for each bank. The user chooses which bank of program changes to display and edit.
- Advanced Program and Bank Naming: MIDI program and bank names can be customized by the user creating sets of names for use with each piece of hardware in their studio. These names can be exported and shared with others.
- Filter selection menu behaviours: The behaviour of the filter selection menu (accessed by dragging the filter icon to a track) can now be changed from the popup tree to a popup menu allowing faster selection of deeply nested items.
- Solo Isolate: A track that is "solo isolated" will always send its audio or MIDI to its assigned output and will not be automatically muted when other tracks in the session are soloed. The most common use of solo isolate is to isolate the tracks containing aux returns followed by effects filters, such as reverbs or delays. That way, when the user solos a source track that is feeding the effect via an aux send, the tracks containing the solo isolated aux returns will still be heard, and will not be muted.
- Level Control on the Aux Send Filter Icon: Aux Send Filter Icons now display a small horizontal level control allowing adjustment of the aux send level.
- Global Setting for soloing behavior: A new setting for solo behavior allows the user to decide whether they want to have exclusive soloing or cumulative soloing. This can be changed by choosing "exclusive solo" or"cumulative solo" for the "solo behavior" setting in the user interface settings tab.
- Improved Organization of Settings Tab: The settings tab has been completely reorganized making it easier to find the settings the user needs including Audio, MIDI, User Interface, Plug-ins, File Settings, Key-Mappings, and Control Surfaces.
- Hide Control Section at bottom Area of Edit Tab: The Control Section at the bottom area of the Tracktion Edit tab can now be hidden allowing a larger view of the tracks, inputs, and filters. This is done via the corresponding hide button in the top right of the screen or from an assignable key command. In addition, a new customizable key command allows the user to hide or show the inputs, filters, and controls areas at once allowing quick access to a full screen track editing view.
- Filter GUI Locked Default: Filter GUIs can now be locked by default. This can be done by choosing "unlocked" or "locked" for the "filter gui default" setting in the user interface settings tab.
- MIDI Channel and MIDI Volume changed for multiple clips: MIDI Channel and MIDI Volume can now be changed for multiple clips at once. Simply select more then one MIDI clip and change the MIDI Volume or Channel from the properties panel. This allows the user to change MIDI channels for groups of clips at once; this may be used to change the program on a multi-timbral synth that is being played.
- Added support for FLAC, CAF, AU, VOC to export/import: The user can now import and export files of type FLAC, CAF, AU, and VOC. These are accessible from the standard export and render dialogs as new file types.
Fixed or updated:
- Fixed issue with Tracktion not always rendering mixes correctly with mixes using buses.
- Added MIDI clock support for start/continue/stop. Fixed MIDI clock timing issues.
- Fixed AIFF compatibility on the Macintosh.
- Fixed MTC issues.
- Fixed Windows 2000 MIDI issues.
- Fixed issue with racks generating extra inputs on foreign languages.
- Fixed unable to rename buses in French
- Fixed issue saving a MIDI parameter mapped to master Volume/Pan.
- Fixed MIDI drop out when looping and sending to external device.
- Fixed drag and drop import on non-maximized window.
- Fixed import not placing at cursor position properly when global snap is enabled and the cursor is not at a snap position
- Fixed issue with clip missing pixel on right edge.
- Fixed Language select font bug.
- Fixed issue with trim silence not preserving BWAV timestamp properly during export.
- Ctrl+click can now deselect the volume filter.
- MIDI clock accuracy has been improved at high-latency settings.
- In the German language interface, the keyboard shortcut for "change the selected filter to its previous preset" is now "change the selected filter to its next preset."
Other Related News
18 Feb 2008 Mackie updates Tracktion to v22.214.171.1247 Jan 2008 Mackie updates Tracktion to v126.96.36.1996 Sep 2007 Mackie updates Tracktion to v188.8.131.525 Jun 2007 Mackie updates Tracktion to v184.108.40.2069 May 2007 Mackie releases Tracktion v220.127.116.119 Jan 2007 Mackie releases Tracktion 326 Jan 2006 Mackie releases Mackie Mixing Tools for Tracktion 2 (Boxed)19 Jan 2006 Mackie updates Tracktion to v18.104.22.1680 Oct 2005 Mackie releases Tracktion v22.214.171.1248 Jul 2005 Tracktion v126.96.36.199 now available04 Apr 2005 Mackie releases Tracktion 2 demo version
25 Jan 2013 Tracktion Software Corporation takes ownership and launches all-new Tracktion 405 Sep 2014 TSC updates Tracktion to v5.3.1407 Jun 2014 TSC updates Tracktion to v5.3.905 Jun 2014 TSC updates Tracktion to v5.3.627 Mar 2014 TSC updates Tracktion to v5.2.404 Mar 2014 TSC updates Tracktion to v5.2.221 Feb 2014 TSC updates Tracktion to v5.2.103 Feb 2014 Tracktion Software Corporation releases Tracktion 522 Oct 2013 TSC updates Tracktion to v4.5.211 Apr 2013 Behringer Bundles Up with Tracktion 429 Jan 2013 TSC updates Tracktion to v4.0.317 Jan 2008 IK Multimedia announces StompIO now shipping03 Nov 2006 IK Multimedia releases AmpliTube 2 Live and StealthPlug bundle (incl. Tracktion)20 Feb 2006 Mackie releases Tracktion v188.8.131.520 May 2005 Subminimal releases TrackPAD v1.0.120 Jan 2005 Mackie announces Tracktion 212 Aug 2004 Tracktion v184.108.40.206 released20 Jun 2004 Tracktion v220.127.116.11 released17 Mar 2004 Tracktion v18.104.22.168 released [UPDATED]21 Jan 2004 Tracktion 22.214.171.124 released12 Sep 2003 Raw Material Tracktion beta for OS X released