Madrona Labs has updated Aalto, the patchable synthesizer for Mac and Windows, to version 1.3.
New features and bug fixes:
- Redesigned, rewritten, vector-based, smoothly resizeable UI.
- DSP optimizations.
- Open Sound Control input for Soundplane / t3d format controllers.
- Fixed key stealing in Ableton Live.
- Fixed FXpansion RTAS wrapper compatibility.
- Improved dial / mouse wheel ballistics.
- Fixed Logic noise burst bug of doom.
- Sync by ratios to host sequencer.
- Added MIDI program change automation.
- Store window location / num / anim prefs with saved data, not patch.
- Fix startup / shutdown issues affecting Max/MSP, Reaper.
- KEY: added two MIDI modulation outputs.
- KEY: rearranged knobs for Soundplane/t3d switch.
- SEQ: added random sequence button.
- SEQ: added steps signal input.
- SEQ: allow fine delay time changes in steps of 0.1.
- ENV: increased attack, decay ranges.
- ENV2: added delay, attack signal inputs.
- LFO: add level signal input.
- OSCILLATOR: fix linear pitch input range.
- Patcher: fixed sticky signal displays.
- Patcher: display bipolar signals as absolute.
Aalto 1.3 is a free upgrade for licensed Aalto owners. If you already own a copy of Aalto, simply log in to your Madrona Labs account and click "My Downloads" to see the new links.
An Aalto license is $99 and includes all future 1.x upgrades as well as Mac and Windows versions.