16th November 2012
Madrona Labs has updated Aalto, the patchable synthesizer for Mac and Windows, to version 1.3.
New features and bug fixes:
- Redesigned, rewritten, vector-based, smoothly resizeable UI.
- DSP optimizations.
- Open Sound Control input for Soundplane / t3d format controllers.
- Fixed key stealing in Ableton Live.
- Fixed FXpansion RTAS wrapper compatibility.
- Improved dial / mouse wheel ballistics.
- Fixed Logic noise burst bug of doom.
- Sync by ratios to host sequencer.
- Added MIDI program change automation.
- Store window location / num / anim prefs with saved data, not patch.
- Fix startup / shutdown issues affecting Max/MSP, Reaper.
- KEY: added two MIDI modulation outputs.
- KEY: rearranged knobs for Soundplane/t3d switch.
- SEQ: added random sequence button.
- SEQ: added steps signal input.
- SEQ: allow fine delay time changes in steps of 0.1.
- ENV: increased attack, decay ranges.
- ENV2: added delay, attack signal inputs.
- LFO: add level signal input.
- OSCILLATOR: fix linear pitch input range.
- Patcher: fixed sticky signal displays.
- Patcher: display bipolar signals as absolute.
Aalto 1.3 is a free upgrade for licensed Aalto owners. If you already own a copy of Aalto, simply log in to your Madrona Labs account and click "My Downloads" to see the new links.
An Aalto license is $99 and includes all future 1.x upgrades as well as Mac and Windows versions.
29 Jul 2013 Madrona Labs updates Aalto to v1.4
24 Jan 2013 Madrona Labs updates Aalto to v1.3.2
20 Dec 2012 Madrona Labs updates Aalto to v1.3.1
26 Jul 2011 Madrona Labs updates Aalto to v1.2.6
18 Sep 2010 Madrona Labs releases Aalto