Madrona Labs has updated their physical modeling synthesizer, Kaivo, to version 1.1. Changes in this version include:
- Over 50 new factory patches.
- Optimized DSP code (10-20% improvement).
- Made demo reminder noise quieter.
- Added a new audio import dialog.
- Trimmed and optimized source samples.
- Fixed a compatibility problem with Soundplane.
- Improved model sonics in high frequencies.
- Improved resonator tuning.
- Increased range of resonator damping parameter.
- Improved legibility of scope dials.
- Fixed a problem saving the window location.
- Fixed glitches in xy scope display.
- Improved typography.
- Improved granulator view speed.
- Fixed annoying disappearing menu issue.
- Fixed keyboard stealing issue in 64-bit VST.
- Added case-insensitive sort for patch menu.
- Fixed audio issues with body nonlinearity.
Price: $129 at the Madrona Labs website. Free demo versions are available for download.