16th March 2007
Magix has released version 9.1 of Samplitude and Sequoia.
- New function "Transfer cuts" (Sequoia only): With this you can make cuts in selected tracks and then transfer them onto other tracks of your project. This way, a rough cut can be clearly executed on a track before being applied to all target tracks of the multi-track project. Here there are a number of different search algorithms ordered according to file name from which you can choose.
- Optimization of internal Sequoia video integration as well as master/slave synchronization (Sequoia only).
- The Hybrid Engine now supports up to 4 CPUs / cores for audio processing. Furthermore with "Hardware Monitoring / Hybrid Engine" you can use a new monitoring mode. Here, like in "Hardware Monitoring" mode, input signals are not routed through the program, but through "ASIO Direct Monitoring (ADM)" depending on the hardware. The Hybrid Engine, however, controls playback.
- The "Performance" dialog is also new to the system options. The options listed in it serve to set up your system processor optimally. Here you'll also find ASIO Silence Economy, which switches off empty or silent tracks in ASIO.
- In the visualization area there are a number of new presets for the K Metering System. The presets supplied use the new options in order to implement metering according to K-12, K-14 and K-20 norms. Uniform reference volumes on different media can be achieved especially when mastering under normal listening conditions. The peakhold display continues to show signal peaks and serves to avoid clipping.
- Using the Waveform Generator you can now create additional Brownian Noise (1/f² noise) and Pink Noise (1/f noise). Here uncorrelated stereo noise is created.
- FreeDB acquires information on CD track names and artists:
- In the CD import dialog you can request information about the desired CD
- In the CD burning dialog and in the CD/DVD menu you can carry out a search on the basis of the set track markers.
- In the Arranger an inverse search is also possible with "Online CD Search". Here you can set track markers automatically for known albums.
- Advanced solo and monitoring functions (only for Mixer FX Monitoring /Hybrid Engine): From now on you can use a solo bus with AFL and PFL routing as well as a unique volume control function in the master section of the standard mixer. If you have not selected any solo output, but instead pressed "Solo bus inactive/Solo in Place", the Monitor fader changes the audible master level. The internal level for bouncing and burning, however, remains unchanged. The function "Global: Solo exclusive", which switches the solo behavior of all channels to "Solo exclusive" is also new. In this mode you can switch a single track to "solo" by clicking on the "Solo" button on a specific channel. Here "Solo" mode is deactivated for all other tracks.
- Integration of external effects or synthesizers (just for "Mixer FX Monitoring/Hybrid Engine") via the new dialog "Project Options -> External effects". There is a new global function that can be used to assign inputs and outputs for external effect devices or synthesizers. The latencies that appear are taken into account by latency compensation. You can also set up effect send and effect return tracks in the same dialog.
- Low Latency Automation. The volume and panorama curves are activated when writing volume and pan-automations, not when activating the automation button. When creating a new curve, the range in front of the automation start remains at its old value.
- Updated MAGIX Plug-ins Suites. Newly available:
- 4 new models for Variverb
- New buttons for the Vintage Effect Suite
- Corvex in Complex Mode also usable as a reverb device
- Filtox with variable frequency filter types
- "Console" for all plug-ins with preset management and A/B comparison
- All plug-ins now support the Silence Economy feature
- The new "Inactive" state for VST instruments and VST effects: Plug-ins can now be completely deactivated so that memory space can be freed up. When reactivating the plug-ins the last state is restored in its entirety.
If you set VST plug-ins to "Inactive" by pressing "Shift+Alt+Click" in the plug-in slot of the corresponding track, these plug-ins are completely removed from RAM. This way, no more resources are used in conjunction with the hardware systems like "PowerCore" or "UAD".
- VST MIDI Out + Audio Out Recording (just for Mixer FX Monitoring/Hybrid Engine): Now you can record VSTi audio outputs for VSTi return tracks by activating recording in these tracks as you would do normally. "MIDI Out" can be activated for every track VST plug-in or VSTi in the Plug-in Panel menu. This causes MIDI data of the VSTi to be sent and recorded in another track. By activating the option "VST MIDI Out recording" on a track you can record all received VSTi MIDI Out data in the corresponding track. If MIDI Thru is activated, this signal can also be routed to another VSTi/VST-FX or external MIDI device.
- MIDI-Editor Multi-Object Editing (MO-Editing):
With the MIDI Multi-Object Editing function all selected MIDI objects are activated by clicking on the "MIDI Editor" button in the Arranger. In an already-opened MIDI Editor you can include additional MIDI objects by clicking on them while holding down the Shift key. In the MIDI Editor you can activate a display filter for the current track. Data from other tracks are then grayed out or made invisible. Similarly, the visual display of the current object range is possible. The active object or the active track can also be selected via a selection menu.
- Score Editor: Each track can contain a maximum of 48 staves. When Multi-Object editing over multiple tracks the score from the systems of each track are compiled together. The staves of a track can be used as an instrument or instrument group within a score.
The entire score can be obtained by using the Multi-Object Editing feature and showing all MIDI tracks in the Score Editor simultaneously. A vocal excerpt can be obtained by showing the track of the desired instrument only or an instrument group in the Score Editor.
- Score MusicXML Export.
- Additional new MIDI features:
- Quantization commands "Quantize score start", "Quantize note length", "Quantize score start and note length".
- Here you can quantize the notes of all selected MIDI objects whenever you like via the "MIDI" menu > "Apply MIDI quantization/Reset MIDI quantization", without having to open the MIDI Editor.
- New filter functions for the MIDI Event List.
- In the VSTi Manager you can now route individual outputs from software instruments directly to a specific track.
- When clicking on a single output, a track selection menu appears.
- You can now freeze software instruments as well directly by using the VSTi Manager.
- Improved routing assistant for integrating VST instruments.
- Advanced drag & drop function for effects in the Mixer:
- DX/VST can now be copied between tracks and masters as well
- DX/VST can be exchanged using drag & drop
- Hardware Controller:
- Advanced HUI support (Display, Peak Meter)
- Locator Display: milliseconds and samples
- Faders are moved to the bottom once "Close project" has been pressed
- System Options -> Option management: With the new system options management page you can reset toolbars, audio settings, visualization settings, and general settings. Here, the corresponding ini. files are deleted/reset and the program restarts.
21 Jul 2011 MAGIX AG takes over yellow tools
04 Jan 2011 Magix updates Samplitude and Sequoia to v11.2
24 Mar 2010 Magix releases Vandal Virtual Guitar & Bass Amp
16 Dec 2009 Magix releases Samplitude 11 Trial Version
08 Sep 2009 Magix releases Samplitude 11 and Sequoia 11
01 Apr 2009 Magix announces Samplitude 11 and Sequoia 11
12 Dec 2008 Magix releases Samplitude and Sequoia v10.2
17 Jun 2008 Magix releases Sequoia and Samplitude v10.1
15 Jan 2008 Magix updates Sequoia/Samplitude to v10.0.2
03 Jan 2008 Magix releases Samplitude 10 demo version
20 Dec 2007 Magix updates Sequoia and Samplitude to v10.0.1
31 Oct 2007 Magix releases Sequoia 10 and Samplitude 10
12 Oct 2007 Magix announces Samplitude 10 and Sequoia 10
03 Jun 2008 Native Instruments launches 'Komplete Your DAW'
17 Jan 2008 Solid State Logic releases Pro-Convert
05 Oct 2007 Cakewalk announces Sonar 7 Crossgrade Pricing
26 Jul 2006 Samplitude V8 SE free with Computer Music 103