4th January 2011
Magix recently updated Samplitude and Sequoia to version 11.2, featuring changes and improvements in the following areas:
- Playback problems using record mode "Record without Playback" especially for first play start - fixed.
- Take in one file didn't work for tracks with identical record file name -fixed.
- Sync settings are kept after restart of program.
- Initial sync setup does not automatically activate sync button in transport any more.
- MMC: For "Record without Playback" record time code is transmitted for MMC polling.
- MP3-Export module updated.
- MP3 Export High Quality: Shows automatically used sample rate.
- AudioID module updated.
- Experimental: New CD Import algorithm including sub indices and pause markers. Can be activated with ini setting: "[Setup] DAC_CDImport=1" or setting container: Import_UseOldDacRoutines.INZ.
- Dialog request to delete a full RW-Disc in CD drive before burning starts.
- CD-Text Editor: set Windows-Character-Set is used.
- Automatic CD eject after CD burning "[Setup] EjectCDAfterBurning=1" or setting container Customize\Export_EjectCDAfterBurning.INZ.
- File export: Input of alternative file descriptors is now kept for export (e.g. .aiff instead of .aif) (.mp4, .m4a, .mpeg, .mpa, .mp2, .aiff).
- Correct BWF format entry for wave export with MPEG/MP3 Codec.
- Problems with path request at project loading if audio and VIP were in different directories -fixed.
- Problem with AIFF 24/32 bit float import -fixed.
- Session Files (*.sam) can be opened from Manager and "Load VIP".
- Bouncing: Maximum Amplitude Dialog - Values can be copied using copy/paste.
- Updated Vandal, Vandal SE:
- New stomps: TwangBang, Spacecake, BassDistortion, Tube Compressor.
- Enhanced MIDI controlling.
- Diverse Fixes.
- Many improvements: see MAGIX plug-ins\Vandal\vandal readme.txt.
- 11.1: Scrubbing in Economy Engine didn't work with deactivated Master FX -fixed.
- Scrubbing in Hybrid-Engine.
- Glitches after releasing NumPad0 -fixed.
- Glitches after stopping with speed different to normal speed (1.0).
- Object automation.
- Draw tool changes objects only, if they all are selected and have identical automation curve selected.
- Curve selection by mouse works now.
- Problems with Multi-CPU and backward routing.
- Problems with MIDI Record and Punch Marker Mode -fixed.
- If MIDI output of an audio track including a VST FX (e.g. Vandal) was changed to "VSTx Vandal", the audio track was changed to a MIDI track -fixed.
- Automatic MIDI Controller creation in Automation/Controller dialog didn't work - fixed.
- Extracting MIDI Controllers: additional points in order to achieve regular display of (S&H) CC-ramps.
- When extracting MIDI Controllers, points are also set at object borders.
- Audio Quantization Wizard: Grooves/Undo/Redo didn't work -fixed.
- Updated HUI Templates (HUI, Mackie HUI, DM2000, O2R).
- Menu "Time Display" now toggles time display. A new time display can be opened in the context menu of the time display itself.
- Color settings for each filed.
- Fields can be added/deleted/moved.
- Automatic change from vertical to horizontal display.
- Ini setting for old time display [Setup]TimeDisplaySingleLine=1.
- Columns can be hidden by right click to the column header.
- File Manager: File information for VIP files (timestamp/project start, project length, samplerate, BPM).
- Marker and Range Manager: Checkbox instead of arrow in first column.
- Object Manager:
- Drag&Drop in Arranger possible.
- Context menu "Duplicate object".
- Take Manager: Takes that reference to not existing files are removed from the project. Can be disabled with: [Setup] RemoveUnreadableTakeListEntries=0.
- Track Editor: Double-click on section for exclusive section display. Can be set for general operation: [Factors] TrackEditorExclusiveSections=1 or setting container: Workflow_TrackeditorExclusiveSections.INZ.
- Root-VIP also works for surround projects.
- Normal trackbouncing possible out of a Root-VIP.
- Trackbouncing at closing/saving of project showed wrong bit resolution - fixed.
- TemplateVIP is now saved without marker, clipstore, take list, record take number/name. Old behavior:
- Double click on marker opens marker name editor.
- Removed 4 second warning when setting track markers.
- Marker after silence: additional edit filed for minimum difference of two markers.
- Improved behavior for different markers on same time position:.
- Loaded correctly.
- VIP markers are on top.
- Mouse dragging of markers did not move the visible marker on top - fixed.
- "Set Track Indices on Object Edges " - Pause Marker are not aligned to CD- Sectors anymore.
- New drawing method to draw wave forms. Only applies if "Draw envelope" is set and following ini setting: SettingContainer: GUI_QuickEnvelopeDrawing.INZ, or [Factors] DrawLineMethod=1.
- Improved zoom behavior for vertical mouse dragging in timeline.
- Punch In over grouped object creates a new group for objects right of the Punch In.
- Deselect objects after command "Split objects on marker positions".
- Ctrl+Shift to exclude single objects from groups.
- Project Options: Change of Project Start Time asks if objects should be moved.
- Batch Processing: Option "Create Sub Directories" now only creates only one sub directory layer.
- Crash after multiple clicks on setup button in mixer -fixed.
- Save workspace: Name was one character too short -fixed.
- Crash fixes for long file paths (>250 char), including warning and error message.
- Create range by using range marker commands also selected marker, which could be deleted by DEL then -fixed.
- Docking layout was not fully restored at program start -fixed.
- Visualization was not fully restored (even without docking) -fixed.
- Missing paths for revolver tracks with "Save complete VIP as" -fixed.
- Problems with Punch In and several tracks and looped playback -fixed.
- Automation curves were not shown in submix folders -fixed.
- Unreliable Punch In on the fly in Punch Marker Mode -fixed.
- Insert several tracks into folder -fixed.
- Wrong peakmeter jump after moving playcursor in hybrid engine -fixed.
- Casual no peakmeter decay after playstop in hybrid engine -fixed.
- Some drawing problems after changing track heights -fixed.
- Space (play start/stop) in docking windows did not get through to application -fixed.
- Active/Inactive state for docking windows was not shown correctly -fixed.
- Bugfix: Moving of floating toolbars.
- No autoscroll at range end if range ends at right border of visible arrangement.
- Stop at Position: No arranger jump at playback stop if autoscroll is off (e.g. due to being zoomed in < 1s).
- CD Print Center didn't show titles if ARTIST/COMMENT entries existed -fixed -Audio devices with names longer than 30 characters were always active -fixed.
- Problems with Fade(out) display -fixed.