4th January 2011
Magix recently updated Samplitude and Sequoia to version 11.2, featuring changes and improvements in the following areas:
- Playback problems using record mode "Record without Playback" especially for first play start - fixed.
- Take in one file didn't work for tracks with identical record file name -fixed.
- Sync settings are kept after restart of program.
- Initial sync setup does not automatically activate sync button in transport any more.
- MMC: For "Record without Playback" record time code is transmitted for MMC polling.
- MP3-Export module updated.
- MP3 Export High Quality: Shows automatically used sample rate.
- AudioID module updated.
- Experimental: New CD Import algorithm including sub indices and pause markers. Can be activated with ini setting: "[Setup] DAC_CDImport=1" or setting container: Import_UseOldDacRoutines.INZ.
- Dialog request to delete a full RW-Disc in CD drive before burning starts.
- CD-Text Editor: set Windows-Character-Set is used.
- Automatic CD eject after CD burning "[Setup] EjectCDAfterBurning=1" or setting container Customize\Export_EjectCDAfterBurning.INZ.
- File export: Input of alternative file descriptors is now kept for export (e.g. .aiff instead of .aif) (.mp4, .m4a, .mpeg, .mpa, .mp2, .aiff).
- Correct BWF format entry for wave export with MPEG/MP3 Codec.
- Problems with path request at project loading if audio and VIP were in different directories -fixed.
- Problem with AIFF 24/32 bit float import -fixed.
- Session Files (*.sam) can be opened from Manager and "Load VIP".
- Bouncing: Maximum Amplitude Dialog - Values can be copied using copy/paste.
- Updated Vandal, Vandal SE:
- New stomps: TwangBang, Spacecake, BassDistortion, Tube Compressor.
- Enhanced MIDI controlling.
- Diverse Fixes.
- Many improvements: see MAGIX plug-ins\Vandal\vandal readme.txt.
- 11.1: Scrubbing in Economy Engine didn't work with deactivated Master FX -fixed.
- Scrubbing in Hybrid-Engine.
- Glitches after releasing NumPad0 -fixed.
- Glitches after stopping with speed different to normal speed (1.0).
- Object automation.
- Draw tool changes objects only, if they all are selected and have identical automation curve selected.
- Curve selection by mouse works now.
- Problems with Multi-CPU and backward routing.
- Problems with MIDI Record and Punch Marker Mode -fixed.
- If MIDI output of an audio track including a VST FX (e.g. Vandal) was changed to "VSTx Vandal", the audio track was changed to a MIDI track -fixed.
- Automatic MIDI Controller creation in Automation/Controller dialog didn't work - fixed.
- Extracting MIDI Controllers: additional points in order to achieve regular display of (S&H) CC-ramps.
- When extracting MIDI Controllers, points are also set at object borders.
- Audio Quantization Wizard: Grooves/Undo/Redo didn't work -fixed.
- Updated HUI Templates (HUI, Mackie HUI, DM2000, O2R).
- Menu "Time Display" now toggles time display. A new time display can be opened in the context menu of the time display itself.
- Color settings for each filed.
- Fields can be added/deleted/moved.
- Automatic change from vertical to horizontal display.
- Ini setting for old time display [Setup]TimeDisplaySingleLine=1.
- Columns can be hidden by right click to the column header.
- File Manager: File information for VIP files (timestamp/project start, project length, samplerate, BPM).
- Marker and Range Manager: Checkbox instead of arrow in first column.
- Object Manager:
- Drag&Drop in Arranger possible.
- Context menu "Duplicate object".
- Take Manager: Takes that reference to not existing files are removed from the project. Can be disabled with: [Setup] RemoveUnreadableTakeListEntries=0.
- Track Editor: Double-click on section for exclusive section display. Can be set for general operation: [Factors] TrackEditorExclusiveSections=1 or setting container: Workflow_TrackeditorExclusiveSections.INZ.
- Root-VIP also works for surround projects.
- Normal trackbouncing possible out of a Root-VIP.
- Trackbouncing at closing/saving of project showed wrong bit resolution - fixed.
- TemplateVIP is now saved without marker, clipstore, take list, record take number/name. Old behavior:
- Double click on marker opens marker name editor.
- Removed 4 second warning when setting track markers.
- Marker after silence: additional edit filed for minimum difference of two markers.
- Improved behavior for different markers on same time position:.
- Loaded correctly.
- VIP markers are on top.
- Mouse dragging of markers did not move the visible marker on top - fixed.
- "Set Track Indices on Object Edges " - Pause Marker are not aligned to CD- Sectors anymore.
- New drawing method to draw wave forms. Only applies if "Draw envelope" is set and following ini setting: SettingContainer: GUI_QuickEnvelopeDrawing.INZ, or [Factors] DrawLineMethod=1.
- Improved zoom behavior for vertical mouse dragging in timeline.
- Punch In over grouped object creates a new group for objects right of the Punch In.
- Deselect objects after command "Split objects on marker positions".
- Ctrl+Shift to exclude single objects from groups.
- Project Options: Change of Project Start Time asks if objects should be moved.
- Batch Processing: Option "Create Sub Directories" now only creates only one sub directory layer.
- Crash after multiple clicks on setup button in mixer -fixed.
- Save workspace: Name was one character too short -fixed.
- Crash fixes for long file paths (>250 char), including warning and error message.
- Create range by using range marker commands also selected marker, which could be deleted by DEL then -fixed.
- Docking layout was not fully restored at program start -fixed.
- Visualization was not fully restored (even without docking) -fixed.
- Missing paths for revolver tracks with "Save complete VIP as" -fixed.
- Problems with Punch In and several tracks and looped playback -fixed.
- Automation curves were not shown in submix folders -fixed.
- Unreliable Punch In on the fly in Punch Marker Mode -fixed.
- Insert several tracks into folder -fixed.
- Wrong peakmeter jump after moving playcursor in hybrid engine -fixed.
- Casual no peakmeter decay after playstop in hybrid engine -fixed.
- Some drawing problems after changing track heights -fixed.
- Space (play start/stop) in docking windows did not get through to application -fixed.
- Active/Inactive state for docking windows was not shown correctly -fixed.
- Bugfix: Moving of floating toolbars.
- No autoscroll at range end if range ends at right border of visible arrangement.
- Stop at Position: No arranger jump at playback stop if autoscroll is off (e.g. due to being zoomed in < 1s).
- CD Print Center didn't show titles if ARTIST/COMMENT entries existed -fixed -Audio devices with names longer than 30 characters were always active -fixed.
- Problems with Fade(out) display -fixed.
21 Jul 2011 MAGIX AG takes over yellow tools
04 Jan 2011 Magix updates Samplitude and Sequoia to v11.2
24 Mar 2010 Magix releases Vandal Virtual Guitar & Bass Amp
16 Dec 2009 Magix releases Samplitude 11 Trial Version
08 Sep 2009 Magix releases Samplitude 11 and Sequoia 11
01 Apr 2009 Magix announces Samplitude 11 and Sequoia 11
12 Dec 2008 Magix releases Samplitude and Sequoia v10.2
17 Jun 2008 Magix releases Sequoia and Samplitude v10.1
15 Jan 2008 Magix updates Sequoia/Samplitude to v10.0.2
03 Jan 2008 Magix releases Samplitude 10 demo version
20 Dec 2007 Magix updates Sequoia and Samplitude to v10.0.1
31 Oct 2007 Magix releases Sequoia 10 and Samplitude 10
12 Oct 2007 Magix announces Samplitude 10 and Sequoia 10
03 Jun 2008 Native Instruments launches 'Komplete Your DAW'
17 Jan 2008 Solid State Logic releases Pro-Convert
05 Oct 2007 Cakewalk announces Sonar 7 Crossgrade Pricing
26 Jul 2006 Samplitude V8 SE free with Computer Music 103