Currently slated for release on 1st February, Garritan Personal Orchestra 5 features a complete orchestra with strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion and keyboards and is five times larger than its predecessor with more than 500 instruments now included.
New additions include:
- 77 new section string articulations and 24 new solo string articulations with new techniques, special effects, and body instrument resonances.
- 6 additional choir groups with 24 patches, including boys' and children's choirs as well as sopranos, altos, tenors and basses.
- Updated brass instruments from the renowned ProjectSAM.
- Two new concert grand pianos: a legendary 9' Model D and a 7' Model B.
- Completely new harp instruments with harp pedaling emulation, a custom organ console for expanded pipe organ control, more than 16 new impulse response presets, and much more.
GPO 5 also incorporates Sonic Morphing, an innovative technology that produces seamless dynamics ranging from the very quietest pianissimo to the loudest, most audacious forte sounds – with a continuous variety of timbre changes along the way.
"A press release simply cannot convey the magnitude of GPO 5," said Gary Garritan, MakeMusic's director of instrumental sciences. "The original Personal Orchestra revolutionized virtual orchestration and became the industry standard. I'm excited that this new GPO 5 is a huge leap forward and will continue this revolution in a major way."
GPO 5 will be available as a boxed USB or a download from 1st February 2016 priced £99.00. An Upgrade path will also be available for GPO 4 users priced £37.95. Pre-orders now being taken.
For full details and audio demos visit: www.timespace.com/product/GPO5
At the NAMM show? Visit the Make Music booth and check out GPO 5 for yourself (Hall A, booth #6210).