MakeMusic has released Finale 2014b, a free update for Finale 2014 owners.
Mac highlights include:
- Many audio-related crashes have been fixed and USB mono input devices no longer cause errors.
- Bank volume settings are retained and all Garritan Instruments for Finale instruments respond to Mixer volume controls.
- Unicode characters no longer cause file name problems and error messages are more descriptive.
- Several view/display issues and application switching problems have been addressed.
Windows highlights include:
- Audio Engine errors no longer appear with some ASIO audio devices and USB mono input devices no longer cause errors.
- Unicode characters no longer cause file name problems, backup and auto-save files are included in Open dialogs, and error messages are more descriptive.
Highlights for both Mac and Windows users include:
- Human Playback correctly interprets glissandi, fp markings, and articulation trills, and also recognizes keyswitches in all layers.
- Notes on the opposite stem side in cluster chords can be selected, and rests can be repositioned when Consolidate Rests Across Layers is enabled.
- Multiple MIDI file fixes include proper percussion import and retention of track/staff names and key signatures.
- Numerous crashing situations have been fixed, and file saving speed and Score Manager performance have been improved.