29th May 2009
MakeMusic has announced Finale 2010, the next version of the powerful music notation software. Vast areas of Finale have been updated for 2010. From Percussion Notation and Chord Entry to Rehearsal Marks and Measure Numbering, common tasks have been automated and simplified to save you time and to easily make your music perfect.
- Percussion Notation: MakeMusic simplified the process of getting notes on percussion staves to look – and playback – exactly the way you want them to.
- Chords: Change or delete notes without changing your chords. Attach chords to measures – whether or not they contain notes or rests – and have the chords appear and playback correctly.
- Garritan sounds: Finale now includes more than 350 instrument sounds from the makers of Garritan Personal Orchestra. Free new sounds include organ, a variety of electric guitars, five octaves of handbells, and a brush drum kit.
- Automatic Rehearsal Marks: Use a keystroke to enter rehearsal marks and Finale automatically sequences them correctly and dynamically updates them when you delete, insert, or move any rehearsal mark or measure.
- Music Education Worksheets: Finale now includes hundreds of ready-made, customizable, music education worksheets designed for K-12 students.
- Graphics Support: Export as .JPEG, and .PNG and import as .JPEG, .PNG, .BMP, and .GIF in addition to previously supported formats of .TIFF, .EPS.
- Broadway Copyist: Inspired by the golden era of handwritten Broadway scores, the Broadway Copyist hand-written font offers a lighter, classic appearance.
- VST/AU Support & Updated Aria Player: Finale now supports all third-party VST/AU Instruments and Effects. Updated for Finale 2010, the Garritan Aria Player simplifies the process of changing MIDI channel assignments.
- Measure Numbers: Control measure number alignment, positioning, and fonts separately in your score and linked parts.
- Scanning Improvements and More: New Smartscore Lite scanning interface enables you to specify the instrumentation so that your staves will automatically be properly transposed and configured for playback. Also new are transparent selection handles, exporting lyrics to a word-processing document, and improved help documentation.
Pricing & Availability
Finale 2010 costs $600 for new customers and from $99.95 for existing customers (limited time pre-order pricing).
28 Sep 2012 MakeMusic updates Finale to 2012c
28 Jun 2012 MakeMusic updates Finale to 2012b
19 Jan 2012 MakeMusic Unveils iPad Music Viewer
19 Jan 2012 MakeMusic announces Finale NotePad 2012
18 Jan 2012 MakeMusic, Inc. acquires Garritan Corporation
10 Oct 2011 MakeMusic releases Finale 2012
13 Jan 2011 MakeMusic updates Finale to 2011c for Mac
03 Dec 2010 MakeMusic updates Finale PrintMusic to 2011a
09 Nov 2010 MakeMusic updates Finale to 2011b
12 Oct 2010 MakeMusic updates Finale to 2011a
29 Jun 2010 MakeMusic releases Finale 2011
22 Dec 2009 MakeMusic updates Finale 2010 to 2010b
21 Oct 2009 MakeMusic releases Finale 2010a
14 Aug 2009 MakeMusic updates Finale 2009 to 2009c
05 Jun 2009 MakeMusic releases Finale 2010
29 May 2009 MakeMusic announces Finale 2010