21st October 2009
MakeMusic has announced that Finale 2010a is now available for Mac OS X and Windows. This is a free maintenance update available to Finale 2010 registered users. The following new features and fixes apply to both Macintosh and Windows unless otherwise noted.
- Enhanced integration of Staff Styles and Linked Parts. Apply Staff Styles to only the part or score you are viewing, and easily update staff styles in a score to match its part and vice versa.
- 271 Classroom and 126 Individual Flash Cards designed to printed double-sided (with the answers on the back). Topics include keys, note names, rhythm, vocabulary, and musical symbols.
- 30 Ear Training Worksheets. Designed to be used with the free, downloadable Finale Reader, students can print the worksheets, use Reader to play the examples, and write the answers on the printed worksheets. Topics include intervals, chords and melodic dictation.
- Support for Mac OS 10.6. Finale 2010a is fully compatible with Mac OS 10.6.
- New Percussion Functionality including new options in the Percussion MIDI Map Editor that allow you to create new, custom percussion MIDI maps.
- Finale Worksheets are now available from the File menu.
- Articulations: Changing the definition of an articulation no longer occasionally causes Finale to hang.
- Copying and Pasting:
- Measures concluding with grace notes now copy and paste properly.
- Copying and pasting from multiple-staff documents to a Tempo Tap staff now works for multiple measures at a time.
- The User Manual now opens in Windows Vista and Windows 7 using IE8 when not logged in as the system administrator. (This fix applies to systems with an Internet connection). (Windows only).
- The User Manual now opens using the default browser. (This fix applies to systems with an Internet connection). (Windows only).
- Shape Expressions no longer have an extra-large footprint when selected with the Selection Tool. (Mac only).
- Deleting measures or systems no longer occasionally causes subsequent staff list expressions to be deleted. (Mac only).
- Graphics tool: Lines no longer appear excessively jagged in exported TIFF files. (Mac only).
- Movie Window: The path and size of imported movies is now retained while saving.
- Pickup measures: Copying and pasting a pickup measure no longer clears the pickup measure definition.
- Playback: Adding new SmartMusic SoftSynth staves with the Staff Setup Wizard to a non-VST file no longer silences the previous staves.
- Speedy Entry: Unwanted accidentals no longer occasionally appear on the last note of a tie.
- Time Signatures: Calling the Time Signature dialog box with the Enter key no longer causes the OK button to stick, requiring two clicks to dismiss. (Mac only).
- Deleting measures or systems no longer occasionally causes subsequent staff list expressions to be deleted.
- Resizing tool palettes no longer frequently causes a crash. (Mac only).
- The startup action and recent files list now work properly when another dialog appears first (e.g. Could not find MIDI device). (Mac only).