17th December 2013
Room EQ for Foobar2000 is a free plug-in which was released two weeks ago. It includes all features of Room EQ VST.
The new version includes the following features:
- Corrects deficiencies of room acoustics (multipoint compensation).
- Corrects acoustic imperfections of speakers.
- Avoids the pre-echo (pre-ringing) problem of conventional FIR-based room correction systems. The absence of pre-echo ensures the neutrality of the sound.
- Corrects both amplitude and phase components of frequency response.
- Quells resonance peaks of frequency response while leaving the deep notches. Avoids the overcompensation which happens in conventional linearizing room correction systems.
- Manually adjustable level of compensation allows one to reach the maximum transparency of the sound.
- Supports full range of sample rates from 44,056 kHz up to 352,8 kHz.
- Includes a custom target curve feature.
- Applies 64-bit signal path throughout.
- Works with USB measurement microphones (e.g. MiniDSP UMIK-1) or standard measurement microphones (e.g. NADY CM100 or Dayton Audio EMM-6).
- Supports microphone calibration files.
- Applies a patented method of frequency response correction.
01 Nov 2012 MathAudio updates Auto EQ to v2.1.8
28 Oct 2012 MathAudio updates Auto EQ to v2.1.7
09 Oct 2012 MathAudio updates Fast EQ to v1.0.4
05 Jun 2012 MathAudio updates Microphone Corrector to v1.4
27 May 2012 MathAudio updates Pickup Corrector to v1.3
18 May 2012 MathAudio updates Auto EQ to v2.1 (incl. 64-bit)
22 Apr 2012 MathAudio updates Microphone Corrector to v1.1