12th March 2009
Mathew Lane has announced the release of version 2.0 of the DrMS Spatial Processor plug-in. Built on a completely new internal algorithm, version 2 of the DrMS spatial processor plugin sounds even better then before, according to Mathew. The new engine allows you to create wider and deeper soundstages while maintaining mono compatibility.
DrMS v2.0 is familiar in operation to v1.1, with some cosmetic enhancements made to the GUI. The new algorithm makes it easier and faster to achieve the desired results. DrMS v2.0 also features a new installer, making installation a breeze.
- Completely new & improved sound engine.
- Enhanced GUI adding shadow to knobs.
- Easy installation with new installer.
DrMS v2.0 has the following features:
- MS encoding & decoding.
- Spatial audio processing: Zoom in, add Depth, change Width or any combination and more.
- Resonant HPF, TiltEQ and Delay on each of the four processing sections.
- Full mono compatibility.
- Autogain circuit for easy level matched A/B comparison between original and processed signal.
- Smart MCU control surface layout with clear 6-character parameter names and bank organisation.
- Wide range of applications for mixing, mastering and post production, going from simple MS encoding/decoding, over stereo field and depth enhancement, to fixing mono compatibility issues and more.
All current DrMS users will receive v2.0 for free by email, directly from Mathew Lane. New customers can purchase DrMS for €25. It is available for Mac OS X (AU/VST2/RTAS) and Windows (VST2/RTAS).
20 Sep 2010 mathewlane.com updates DrMS to v3.2
12 Mar 2009 Mathew Lane releases DrMS Spatial Processor v2.0
12 Nov 2008 Mathew Lane updates DrMS to v1.1