Matthieu Brucher has announced the release of ATK SD1, a new free overdrive / distortion plugin for 32- and 64-bit Mac OS X and Windows in VST2, VST3 and AU plug-in formats. He has also updated Audio Toolkit to v0.3.0.
ATK SD1, Matthieu's third audio plugin, and the first based on the Audio Toolkit, is an emulation of the Boss SD1 overdrive. It implements the overdrive (oversampling x8) and the tone sections of the original pedal.
Contrary to usual distortions, the SD1 features an asymmetric overdrive section that adds even harmonics to the sound.
The UI was designed by Florent Keller.
Audio ToolKit is a BSD-licensed audio processing library based on a pipeline concept. Matthieu added a few optimizations on overdrive computations, and also for the base filter array exchange. Future releases should encompass compressors and amplifiers.
Changes in 0.3.0:
- Enhanced the ScalarNewtonRaphson algorithm to accept different precision. Used a more relaxed one by default.
- Fixed a bug in SD1OverdriveFilter.
- Optimized array copies between filters.
- Added documentation.
Changes in 0.2.1:
- Fix some issues with deploying ATK.
- Tone stacks (Bassman and JCM800) with Python wrappers.
- Updated filters C++ interface when then can process several channels at the same time.