MeterPlugs today announced that LCAST Loudness Meter is now available.
LCAST makes it easy to take loudness measurements and supports the latest loudness standards, ATSC A/85, EBU R128 and ITU BS.1770-2, which aim to eliminate loud commercials and improve audio quality in broadcast.
Two versions are available: LCAST Stereo for $199 and LCAST Surround for $399.
If you are working with mono and stereo programmes, LCAST Stereo gives you everything you need to ensure your programmes meet broadcast requirements:
- Support for ATSC A/85, EBU R128 and ITU BS.1770-2;
- Loudness history plot, which shows you how loudness loudness--momentary, short-term and integrated--changes over time (up to 24 hours);
- Loudness range display;
- Custom loudness variance measurement, which shows you how dynamic your audio is;
- True-peak metering for each channel;
- Overload indicators with adjustable threshold;
- Gated and un-gated loudness; and.
- Custom color regions in the history plot.
LCAST Surround includes all the same features but gives you surround sound, up to 5.1 channels. It also includes loudness logging, a powerful feature that allows you to export all loudness data recorded by LCAST into a CSV file, which can be opened in a 3rd party app like Microsoft Excel. This gives you the flexibility to create custom reports, perform additional processing and integrate LCAST into your workflow.
Pricing & Availability
LCAST Stereo, $199, and Surround, $399, are available immediately from meterplugs.com.
LCAST requires Mac OS X (10.5 or greater) or Windows (XP or greater) and a Digital Audio Workstation that supports Audio Unit or VST plug-ins. LCAST is 32-bit and 64-bit compatible.