MHC has released Pianos v1.0 for Mac OS X Audio Unit, Universal Binary.
Pianos is MHC's ambient piano plug-in. It includes 256 piano presets and the user may edit the synthesizer and effect parameters to create his or her own piano sounds. In addition there are three optional soundpacks available, which add new piano waveforms and increase the total number of presets to 1024.
This is the third plug-in in MHC's series of hybrid synthesizers which combine a set of samples/waveforms with synthesizer functions and an effect section.
Main features are:
- Hundreds of piano waveforms/samples.
- Supports sustain pedal (and other MIDI controllers).
- Crossfading and layered effects include distortion, filter banks, a resonator, flanger, sub oscillation, amp modulation, pitch shift etc.
- All knobs can be mapped to MIDI controllers with a simple "learn" function.
- Ensemble with adjustable amount and mix. Stereo delays.
- Full polyphony. Only your CPU sets the limit or you may set a fixed voice limit.
- Manual (PDF).
Pianos costs $139. The three soundpacks are available for $39. Discounts are available. A demo version can be downloaded.
15 Jun 2010 MHC updates Industrial Tones for Mac to v1.5.3
04 Jun 2010 MHC updates Ambient Keys for Mac to v1.5.3
19 Oct 2007 MHC releases Extreme for Mac OS X AU
04 Oct 2007 MHC releases Extreme
21 Nov 2006 MHC release Pianos v1.0 for Windows
17 Oct 2006 MHC releases Industrial Tones for Mac OS X
05 Oct 2006 MHC releases Industrial Tones v1.0