4th October 2007
MHC Synthesizers and Effects has announced the release of Extreme, a new hybrid synthesizer which plays an extensive set of extreme waveforms/samples, for example distorted, big, punchy, noisy and wicked waveforms, processing these using a filter, envelopes, an LFO, an ensemble, delays and an effect section which features 133 different effect modes, including crossfading effects and layered effects.
Main features are:
- 1024 presets (if all soundpacks are installed). A soundpack is an expansion which adds new extreme waveforms and presets.
- Crossfading and layered effects which feature distortion, filter banks, a resonator, flanger, sub oscillation, amp modulation, pitch shift, etc.
- All knobs can be mapped to MIDI controllers with a simple "learn" function.
- Ensemble with adjustable amount and mix. Stereo delays.
- Full polyphony. Only your CPU sets the limit or you may set a fixed voice limit.
Extreme is available now as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows. An AudioUnit for Mac OS X (Universal Binary) is expected to be released in November. Extreme is priced at $139 for the plugin with optional soundpacks available for $39 (includes all three soundpacks). A demo version is available.
Anyone who subscribes to MHC's (free) newsletter can obtain a 50% discount on all MHC plug-ins, an offer which is valid between the 1st of October and the 15th of October only.
15 Jun 2010 MHC updates Industrial Tones for Mac to v1.5.3
04 Jun 2010 MHC updates Ambient Keys for Mac to v1.5.3
19 Oct 2007 MHC releases Extreme for Mac OS X AU
04 Oct 2007 MHC releases Extreme
21 Nov 2006 MHC release Pianos v1.0 for Windows
17 Oct 2006 MHC releases Industrial Tones for Mac OS X
05 Oct 2006 MHC releases Industrial Tones v1.0