Puremagnetik's Micah Frank has released Tectonic, a new free "Earthquake Sonification Library" for Ableton Live 8.
Tectonic features a compilation of content generated by real-time earthquake data. These sonifications are now available as an hour of ambient material and a free Ableton Live Pack of almost 1GB in size.
Frank has spent the past 14 months collecting voluminous earthquake data and processing them through a Kyma sound design system. By parsing the data and routing them through granular, subtractive and physical modeling processes, Frank has 'profiled' hundreds of earthquakes as miniature sound sculptures. This sound set represents a hand picked selection of the generated content freely available via SoundCloud and the Tectonic URL.
Tectonic Live Pack Features:
- Almost one hour of granular and subtractive ambient soundscapes.
- A huge collection of programmed content for Ableton Live.
- Ableton Instrument Rack with extensive Macro mapping.
- Requires Ableton Live 8.2.1.
- 250 MB of physical RAM.
- 1.2 Gigabytes (GB) of free hard disk space.