Minnetonka Audio Software has released version 3.0 of SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II Encoder & Decoder.
SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II offers complete, Dolby–certified Dolby Pro Logic II encoding and Pro Logic II, Pro Logic IIx and Pro Logic IIz decoding of up to 8 channels of audio. SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II allows an end–to–end, encode/decode cycle for direct control of your mix's entire lifecycle. In addition to a reference grade LtRt encoder, SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II also provides a facility for stereo or LoRo output as well. The encoded LtRt can be monitored as a non–decoded stereo stream or decoded as a surround stream.
SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II enables engineers to use SurCode technology in your favorite Avid or VST workstation, making it a powerful, time-saving tool to efficiently mix directly in your DAW. Now the exact same phase and amplitude behavior of the Pro Logic II consumer decoding chain can be monitored and levels corrected if necessary, saving time and ensuring the highest quality output during the mixing process.
SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II version 3 is AAX for use in Pro Tools 10's 32-bit architecture or Pro Tools 11's 64-bit environment. Also integrated into version 3 is Minnetonka Audio's industry standard loudness measurement technology. Real-time loudness metrics are displayed for the source multichannel content, LoRo stream or the un–decoded stereo LtRt stem, insuring that all are CALM compliant. SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II monitoring and loudness measurement tools and built-in encoding/decoding features enable mixes to be optimized for all playback situations, regardless of whether the LtRt is decoded into surround or remains in stereo mode as delivered.
- Fully certified and licensed encoder and decoder by Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
- Encode surround (5.1) mixes into stereo files.
- Surround sound encoded output is completely backwards compatible with non–decoded stereo playback.
- Supports Mac or Win native, VST and Pro Tools RTAS & AAX.
- Activation: PACE iLok (not included), one license per iLok, multiple instances.
- AAX includes comprehensive loudness metering & LFE derivation.
- Pace iLok USB Smart Key (not included).
- Internet access for plug-in authorization.
- RTAS plug-in running on Pro Tools 8, 9 HD, 10 or PT 8 LE with Complete Production Toolkit.
- AAX plug-in running on Pro Tools 10 or 11.
- VST: qualified 2.4 surround-capable host.
- Native: Mac OS 10.6 - 10.8 or Windows XP, Vista, 7.
Price: $595.00. The upgrade from earlier versions is $149.00.