As a free Christmas gift to all Pianoteq customers, Modartt has announced its latest instrument add-on: an electro-acoustic grand piano CP-80, s/n 1982. A version 2.2.1 update for Pianoteq is also now available.
The CP-80 was a very popular stage piano at the time (1976-1985) with a unique sound and with an authentic grand piano action. It was marketed by Yamaha as a touring friendly and electronically amplified variant of a grand piano. It was famous for its rock solid quality and considered by many as the 'Rolls Royce' of the electro-acoustic pianos. The model was discontinued when the third generation of much smaller and lighter digital sampled pianos entered the market.
The add-on offers two versions of the CP-80:
- CP-80 original: which is an attempt to be as close as possible to the original recorded instrument.
- CP-80 restored: which is an attempt to provide a 'virtual' restoration of the instrument renewing particularly the wounded strings which lacked the brilliance from brand new strings.
Pianoteq v2.2.1 Changes:
- A "flat temperament" is added to the temperaments list to support tuning of certain synthesizers with octaves having exact ratio 2. An additional stretching can be used for fine tuning.
- Model update for the CP-80 add-on.
- Fixed bug concerning export of VST parameters.