As a free Christmas gift to all Pianoteq customers, Modartt has announced its latest instrument add-on: an electro-acoustic grand piano CP-80, s/n 1982. A version 2.2.1 update for Pianoteq is also now available.
The CP-80 was a very popular stage piano at the time (1976-1985) with a unique sound and with an authentic grand piano action. It was marketed by Yamaha as a touring friendly and electronically amplified variant of a grand piano. It was famous for its rock solid quality and considered by many as the 'Rolls Royce' of the electro-acoustic pianos. The model was discontinued when the third generation of much smaller and lighter digital sampled pianos entered the market.
The add-on offers two versions of the CP-80:
- CP-80 original: which is an attempt to be as close as possible to the original recorded instrument.
- CP-80 restored: which is an attempt to provide a 'virtual' restoration of the instrument renewing particularly the wounded strings which lacked the brilliance from brand new strings.
Pianoteq v2.2.1 Changes:
- A "flat temperament" is added to the temperaments list to support tuning of certain synthesizers with octaves having exact ratio 2. An additional stretching can be used for fine tuning.
- Model update for the CP-80 add-on.
- Fixed bug concerning export of VST parameters.
19 Nov 2013 Modartt updates Pianoteq to v4.5.4
28 Oct 2013 Modartt updates Pianoteq to v4.5.3
15 Apr 2013 Modartt updates Pianoteq to v4.5.1
30 Apr 2012 Modartt updates Pianoteq to v4.0.2
23 Apr 2012 Modartt updates Pianoteq to v4.0.1
19 Apr 2012 Modartt releases Pianoteq 4
18 Jan 2012 Modartt updates Pianoteq to v3.6.8
17 Jun 2011 Modartt updates Pianoteq to v3.6.7
18 Jan 2011 Modartt updates Pianoteq to v3.6.6
07 Dec 2010 Modartt releases a Pleyel add-on for Pianoteq