30th November 2012
MolecularBytes has announced that version 1.1 of the room- and reverb-processor plug-in AtomicReverb for Windows and Mac OS X will be released in the next couple of weeks (mid December 2012). The update adds many new major features including performance- and quality improvements, MIDI learn, oversampling, new parameters and more. It also adds 80 new factory-presets and a stand-alone application for Windows.
AtomicReverb provides highly configurable room- and reverb-processing for early reflections and reverberation (late-reverb). This allows creating sounds from subtle reverbs over full and dense halls to dominant rooms or even tubes. With its unique combination of algorithms, AtomicReverb is designed to make very dense and smooth reverb-tails in addition to impressive room-sounds. It also lets you choose from over 170 different predefined early-reflection signatures, which are additionally changeable in size, hardness and resonance. The reverberation (late-reverb) processing - the dense 'floor' of a reverberation - allows the user to create infinite density, air movement simulation and even gated tail length (used for percussive sounds).
Changes in version 1.1:
- Added Mac OS X AU (AudioUnits) and VST versions (32- and 64-bit).
- Added frequency controls for reverb-tail damping.
- MIDI-Learn / MIDI controlling function.
- Added stand-alone application (Windows only).
- Possibility to lock Input-Gain, Dry-Wet and Tail-Density parameter.
- Optionally reposition for dry signal.
- Support of 2x oversampling.
- Faster GUI and preset handling.
- Left/right VU meter.
- Knobs: Behaviour like in other Plug-Ins: Slow movement using SHIFT, default value using CTRL/Command key.
- Tooltips on controls and fast-parameter info.
- Remembers selected preset-group and collapsed/expanded state of sections.
- Additional presets (now 230 factory presets available).
- Program name editable directly / send to host.
- User-Manual shortcut button.
- Deactivation possible for already web-deactivated keys.
- Highlight 'hot' preset.
- Processing performance optimizations.
- Volume correction for Tail-Type-B (++ and +++ Density).
- Some minor bug fixes.
With the release of version 1.1, AtomicReverb will be also available for Mac AudioUnits and VST 32/64bit. Version 1.1 will be released in December 2012 with a price of 69€ (approx. $89). Users of AtomicReverb 1.0 will get the update for free, existing user-presets will be automatically imported/converted.
A free trial version and user manuals will be available for download on the developer's website.