21st January 2014
Their most popular 28x30 audio interface has been upgraded with a Thunderbolt connection. With greatly increased bandwidth, Thunderbolt allows a user to connect displays, hard drives, and other peripherals to their computer, along with the 828x, up to six devices total (with the 828x at the end of the chain), and the Thunderbolt bus won't even break a sweat.
MOTU 828x Thunderbolt/USB Audio Interface Features:
- Highly-flexible 28-in/30-out audio interface with Thunderbolt and USB connectivity.
- Easily manage complex routing configurations with CueMix FX software mixer.
- Built-in DSP includes high-quality reverb, EQ, and compression on inputs, outputs, and headphone mixes.
- Can be used as a standalone mixer with complete front panel control.
- Separate XLR main outs and front-panel headphone jacks, each with independent volume control.
- Converters 24-bit.
- Sample rates 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz.
- Analog inputs 2 x XLR/TRS combo-style mic/guitar inputs.
- 8 x 1/4" TRS line inputs (balanced/unbalanced).
- Analog outputs 2 x XLR balanced main out.
- 8 x 1/4" balanced TRS line out.
- 2 x 1/4" TRS stereo headphone.
- Digital I/O 16 channels of ADAT optical at 1x sample rates.
- 8 channels of SMUX optical at 2x sample rates.
- 2-channel TOSlink (optical S/PDIF) up to 96 kHz.
- 2-channel RCA S/PDIF up to 96 kHz.
- Total I/O 28 inputs and 30 outputs at 1x sample rates.
- 20 inputs and 22 outputs at 2x sample rates.
- 10 inputs and 10 outputs at 4x sample rates.
- Computer I/O 1 x Thunderbolt (compatible with 1 and 2).
- 1 x USB 2.0 (compatible with 3.0).
- Sync I/O 1 x SMPTE time code in (LTC).
- 1 x SMPTE time code out (LTC).
- 1 x word clock in.
- 1 x word clock out.
- Headphone output 1 x 1/4" TRS stereo phone (assignable).
- 1 x 1/4" TRS stereo phone (mirrors main outs).
- Phantom power 2 x individual +48V.
- Front panel 2 x XLR/TRS combo mic/guitar in.
- 2 x 1/4" TRS phone.
- 2 x digital rotary encoders • phone/main volume.
- 2 x digital rotary encoders • mic trim.
- 4 x switches • Pad and 48V Phantom.
- 4 x digital rotary encoders for LCD control.
- 2 x 16 character LCD.
- 8 x 4-segment ladder LEDs • 1/4-inch analog in.
- 8 x activity LED • 1/4-inch analog out.
- 2 x 4-segment ladder LEDs • RCA S/PDIF in.
- 2 x activity LED • RCA S/PDIF out.
- 2 x 10-segment LEDs • mic in with V-Limit.
- 2 x 5-segment ladder LEDs • main outs.
- 6 x LED • sample rate indicator.
- 1 x LED • LOCK/TACH indicator.
- 2 x activity LEDs • optical bank A/B.
- 1 x activity LED • MIDI in/out.
- 1 x AC power switch.
- Power International 100-240V autoswitching supply.
- 50-60 Hz • 20 Watts.
24 Feb 2014 MOTU updates Digital Performer to v8.06
21 Jan 2014 MOTU announces 828x Thunderbolt Audio Interface
22 Oct 2013 MOTU updates Digital Performer to v8.05
24 May 2013 MOTU updates Digital Performer to v8.0.4
15 May 2013 MOTU updates Digital Performer to v8.0.3
19 Nov 2012 MOTU updates Digital Performer for Mac to v8.0.1
01 Oct 2012 MOTU releases Digital Performer 8 for OS X
30 Jul 2012 MOTU ships Track 16 desktop studio interface
12 Jun 2012 MOTU updates MachFive to v3.1.1
07 Mar 2012 MOTU updates MachFive to v3.0.3
09 Jan 2012 MOTU updates MachFive to v3.0.2
20 Dec 2011 MOTU ships 4pre Audio Interface