MOTU has finally released the Windows version of Digital Performer, along with an updated (8.0.2) Mac version. Demo versions for both operating systems are available.
The Windows version is available to all registered DP8 users and can be activated with the same keycode as on Mac OS X. You can download the Windows version from motu.com/download.
New customers can purchase DP for $499.
New features introduced in version 8.02:
- A 30-day demo period is now available.
- Digital Performer is now available for online purchase from the motu.com/store.
- DP's new welcome window appears at launch and provides quick access to recent files, new project templates, training resources, and MOTU news.
- The ability to export MP3s is now built in to DP and no longer requires the LAME framework (or any extra setup).
Version 8.02 provides many improvements, optimizations, and refinements. Here are just a few highlights:
- If a movie is fullscreen, switching chunks now preserves fullscreen viewing.
- Improved performance when the Movie Track is visible. Improved video scrubbing.
- Waveform drawing is now smoother at certain zoom levels.
- Improved bounce to disk in projects with VST plug-ins.
- Improved stability and performance when using MIDI ports and ReWire (for Reason, Bidule, etc.).
- Improved stability with Kontakt 4 and 5 under 64-bit operation.
- Improved compatibility with VEP, EastWest Play, Spectrasonics Omnisphere, and Mac OS X 10.8's AUSampler.
- Addressed an issue where abutting MIDI notes might not play back properly.
- Autosave now creates a sub-folder in the project folder and saves incremental versions there.
- Many improvements in waveform drawing and editing.
- Fixed entry of diminished (°) and major 7th+ chord (?) symbols in QuickScribe.
- Merging chunks in a song now takes the tempo mode from the song itself.
- Effect categories in the Effect Chooser now contain all variants of a plug-in, not just the one added.
- Restored scroll wheel sensitivity to be more like DP 7 and earlier.
- The following feature has been restored: if tracks are selected when switching to the Mixing Board or QuickScribe windows, only those tracks are shown.
- Fixed an issue with timestamps in broadcast wave files.