MOTU updates Digital Performer to v8.05
22nd October 2013
22nd October 2013
MOTU has updated Digital Performer to v8.05.
Here are a few highlights:
- Added "At Wiper" and "At Original Time" versions of Paste, Merge, and Splice. Refer to the commands window for their default key bindings.
- Performance improvements for video playback on Mac OS X.
- External video (DV and sample-accurate MOTU video hardware) can now sync to MTC or LTC.
- External video offset now applies to MOTU video hardware output (in addition to DV output).
- Latencies are now updated properly before bounce-to-disk.
- Improved latency compensation for side chains and virtual instrument (VI) aux outputs during bounce to disk and pregen mode.
- Improved DP's responsiveness to scroll wheels (on both Apple products and third-party products).
- Stability improvements in the Effects Chooser.
- Improved Audio Unit (AU) plug-in support (Omnisphere in particular).
- Improve compatibility with Vienna Symphonic Library (VSL) and Vienna Ensemble Pro (VEP).
- Selection info times are now stored per chunk rather than globally, restoring DP5 behavior.
- Fixed copy and paste behavior for soundbites with sync points.
- Restored the "None" start-up document option to the Mac version.
- Mixing board volume and pan are no longer chased for play-disabled MIDI tracks.
- Command/Ctrl-up/down arrow now zoom in the tracks overview.
- Improvements to color preferences and their effect on audio waveform colors.
- MIDI notes are no longer dropped during MIDI controller overdub recording.
- Autosave improvements: you can now limit how many auto-saves will be maintained by DP.
- Added support for the OSC control surface plug-in for 64-bit operation on Windows (required for DP8's iPhone app).
- Improved MP3 export speed.
- Option-clicking a window's close button now closes all similar windows (not all windows).
- AU automation values can once again be edited by typing into value boxes.
- Improved audio performance while slaved to MIDI Time Code (MTC).
- Double-clicking on soundbite in the Tracks overview once again scrolls to that soundbite in the sequence editor.
- Fixed Bounce to CD on the Mac.
- Addressed an issue with Custom Consoles when running DP in 64-bit mode.
Other Related News
16 Dec 2014 MOTU releases Windows Support for AVB Audio Products28 Oct 2014 MOTU ships 24Ai and 24Ao Audio Interfaces04 Sep 2014 MOTU updates Digital Performer to v8.0728 Jul 2014 MOTU releases 1248, 8M and 16A Thunderbolt Audio Interfaces22 May 2014 MOTU updates BPM to v1.5.3 - incl. AAX support25 Mar 2014 MOTU updates Electric Keys to v1.0.6 and Ethno Instrument to v2.0.4 - incl. AAX support for Pro Tools 1124 Feb 2014 MOTU updates Digital Performer to v8.0621 Jan 2014 MOTU announces 828x Thunderbolt Audio Interface22 Oct 2013 MOTU updates MachFive to v3.2.0 - incl. 64-bit AAX22 Oct 2013 MOTU updates Digital Performer to v8.0524 May 2013 MOTU updates Digital Performer to v8.0.415 May 2013 MOTU updates Digital Performer to v8.0.302 May 2013 MOTU releases Digital Performer for Windows and updates Mac version to 8.0.2 (Demos available)18 Dec 2012 MOTU updates MachFive, BPM, Ethno Instrument and Symphonic Instrument19 Nov 2012 MOTU updates Digital Performer for Mac to v8.0.101 Oct 2012 MOTU releases Digital Performer 8 for OS X30 Jul 2012 MOTU ships Track 16 desktop studio interface13 Jun 2012 MOTU introduces Track16 desktop studio interface with mixing and effects12 Jun 2012 MOTU updates MachFive to v3.1.123 May 2012 MOTU updates MachFive to v3.1 - Add 2 new effects and several new event processors
11 Oct 2014 Chuck Surack Part 2: Sweetwater Builds Their Own Computer23 Sep 2014 An Interview with Sweetwater Founder, Chuck Surack, Part: 110 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim15 Jan 2014 Hero Worship - An Interview with John McLaughlin17 Dec 2012 Trevor Rabin - Harmony of mind and spirit, analog, and digital26 Jul 2012 David Mash - Looking at the past and future of technology learning17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt07 Feb 2012 MacWorld and NAMM 2012 Show Reports20 Jan 2010 Digital Music Doctor releases Digital Performer 7 - Know It All! [Training Video]14 Jan 2009 Digital Music Doctor releases Digital Performer 6 - Know It All! Training Video29 Aug 2008 Cakewalk announces $99 DAW Synth Upgrade Offer for Dimension Pro and Rapture03 Jun 2008 Native Instruments launches 'Komplete Your DAW'05 Oct 2007 Cakewalk announces Sonar 7 Crossgrade Pricing29 Nov 2006 Cakewalk announces Special Cross-grade Pricing on SONAR 6