27th July 2010
MOTU has released DP Control, a free app now available from the Apple app store that allows Digital Performer users to control DP over a WiFi network using their iPhone, iPad or third-generation iPod Touch.
- Built for DP: Built specifically for use with Digital Performer (Version 7.2 or later), DP Control gives users easy access to the most important transport and mixer functions for tracking, mixing, and live performance.
- One-handed operation: Designed with large, touch-friendly buttons and other UI elements, DP Control works in both landscape and portrait orientations. In portrait mode, users can hold their iPhone or iPod in one hand, and comfortably operate DP Control by pressing buttons and swiping to new pages with their thumb.
- Multi-touch mixing: Wireless, multi-touch mixing with Digital Performer is now a reality. Users can operate multiple on-screen Mixing Board faders simultaneously with several fingers. For two-handed mixing, users can turn their iPad sideways and mix with fingers from both hands at once. Faders and other controls are large and easy to grab. Users can quickly swipe left and right to access more faders as they mix.
- Bidirectional communication: If users make a change from DP Control on their remote device, such as renaming a take or adding a marker, the corresponding DP project on the host Mac is immediately updated, and vice versa. This two-way communication makes DP Control a seamless extension of DP.
- Real two-way communication: changes made in DP Control are immediately reflected in DP, and vice versa.
- Editable time counter with selectable format (including real-time, SMPTE time, samples, and marker names).
- Main transport control and many other transport-related Control Panel functions (click, countoff, memory-cycle, etc.).
- Page-controlled, scrollable mixer with animated, recordable pan knobs and volume sliders, plus level meters and peak indicators.
- Solo, Mute, Record-enable, Play automation, Record automation and automation mode settings for each track.
- Track list for the host DP project, complete with collapsible nested track folders and dynamically linked track organization that matches the currently open DP project on the host Mac.
- Infinite undo, with the ability to step through the next and previous tasks in the host DP project undo history.
- Marker creation and naming.
- New Take, Previous Take, and Next Take functions that operate on all of the record-enabled tracks at once (essential for tracking drums).
- Take selection, by name, for individual tracks. Also New Take, Delete Take, and Rename Take for the current take on any individual track.
- Save function for saving changes made to the DP document.
DP Control is now available as a free download from the Apple App store. It is compatible with any iPhone, iPad, and third-generation iPod Touch, and it requires Digital Performer 7.2 or later running on a Mac on the same WiFi network as DP Control.
For videos, interactive Flash, and more information, visit the Digital Performer web pages.
15 May 2013 MOTU updates Digital Performer to v8.0.3
19 Nov 2012 MOTU updates Digital Performer for Mac to v8.0.1
01 Oct 2012 MOTU releases Digital Performer 8 for OS X
30 Jul 2012 MOTU ships Track 16 desktop studio interface
12 Jun 2012 MOTU updates MachFive to v3.1.1
07 Mar 2012 MOTU updates MachFive to v3.0.3
09 Jan 2012 MOTU updates MachFive to v3.0.2
20 Dec 2011 MOTU ships 4pre Audio Interface
14 Sep 2011 MOTU releases MachFive 3
15 Sep 2010 MOTU updates Digital Performer to v7.21
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
07 Feb 2012 MacWorld and NAMM 2012 Show Reports
03 Jun 2008 Native Instruments launches 'Komplete Your DAW'
05 Oct 2007 Cakewalk announces Sonar 7 Crossgrade Pricing