27th July 2007
MOTU has released MachFive 2, the next generation of its "Universal Sampler" for Mac OS X and Windows.
MachFive 2 provides cross-platform compatibility for the latest Mac and Windows operating systems, including Universal Binary support for Mac Intel CPUs. All instrument plug-in formats are supported - VST, AU, RTAS, DX, MAS - as well as stand-alone capability. MachFive 2 can open third party sample libraries directly - no time consuming conversion required.
Four 8GB DVDs contain 32 Gb of instruments and loops. Featured sounds include an 8 Gb Grand Piano, surround-sound drums and orchestral instruments, a wide array of loops, ethnic and acoustic instruments, as well as a "best of" collection from the award-winning Vienna Symphonic Library. Choose instruments from a wide variety of basses, guitars, keyboards, drums, voices, and sound effects.
Sound Design tools include up to 128 samples per key, oscillators and organ generators, multi-point envelopes, tempo-synchronized LFOs, comprehensive effects (including a convolution reverb), rules based programming, and LoopLab for creation and manipulation of MIDI and audio loops.
- Universal Compatibility: MachFive 2 is available in all major plug-in formats for Mac OS X and Windows, plus as a standalone application. Run MachFive 2 cross-platform on your G5 or Intel Mac, or on the latest Windows PC with 32 and 64 bit XP or Vista.
- Universal Sound Management: MachFive 2 effortlessly handles samples and synthesis, loops and instruments. Use the included 32 GB of sounds, or load third-party sounds natively without conversion. Unlimited parts mean you'll always have room for more, and with disk streaming you can manage them with ease.
- Advanced editing that retains simplicity: With its simple one-window design, MachFive 2 keeps everything in your reach, yet provides deep editing tools. Easily manage unlimited parts with unlimited keygroups and layers in a single window, using up to 256 MIDI channels and 200 discrete audio outputs (depends on host). Use the new expanded and full screen editors to attend to every detail.
- Loop Lab: Drag & drop import/export, beat slicing, MIDI mapping, time stretching, and advanced pitch shifting.
- Layers and Rules: Layers add a whole new dimension to your sounds. Organize, sort, and stack your sounds, and create dynamic performances using Layer Rules. Third-party multi-dimension formats like Gigasampler load with all of their rules.
- Mixer: MachFive 2's Mixer view provides the tools for a comprehensive mixdown environment. Quickly adjust levels, panning, audio outputs, MIDI inputs, add effects, and configure aux sends for multiple parts.
- FX: Use dozens of effects ranging from pristine convolution reverb to gritty distortion to multi-band processors, with hundreds of included presets or your own. Graphical control for plug-ins makes finding that perfect setting easy. Save up to four effects in a single preset with multi FX for quick recall.
- Advanced Sound Design: MachFive 2's sound design is powerful, yet intuitive and easy to use. Adjust all keygroups with one move, or create unique settings for every keygroup. Take advantage of filters, LFOs, AHDSR and multi-point envelopes, effects, and much more to carefully craft your sound. MIDI automation and modulation is available for nearly every parameter.
- Multi-point envelopes: Multi-point envelopes with unlimited breakpoints allow for highly customizable modulation. Sync your envelopes to your host tempo, and save & recall presets of favorite envelopes.
- Synthesis: MachFive 2 seamlessly combines samples and synthesis in a unified environment. Use traditional oscillators (sine, saw, square, and more) or an advanced organ emulator.
- Surround: Edit multi-channel samples and loops and place your sounds in a surround environment from quad to 5.1 up to 7.1, for a truly immersive experience.
MachFive has an MSRP of $495. If you purchased MachFive version 1 on or after January 20, 2005 you can upgrade for free, otherwise upgrades from the previous version is $195.
15 May 2013 MOTU updates Digital Performer to v8.0.3
19 Nov 2012 MOTU updates Digital Performer for Mac to v8.0.1
01 Oct 2012 MOTU releases Digital Performer 8 for OS X
30 Jul 2012 MOTU ships Track 16 desktop studio interface
12 Jun 2012 MOTU updates MachFive to v3.1.1
07 Mar 2012 MOTU updates MachFive to v3.0.3
09 Jan 2012 MOTU updates MachFive to v3.0.2
20 Dec 2011 MOTU ships 4pre Audio Interface
14 Sep 2011 MOTU releases MachFive 3
15 Sep 2010 MOTU updates Digital Performer to v7.21
06 Mar 2013 Zero-G releases "Vocal Lix" sample library
28 Feb 2013 UVI releases "UVX-3P" vintage softsynth
27 Dec 2012 Acousticsamples releases Petit Piano (UVI)
31 Aug 2012 UVI releases "The Beast" (UVI Instrument)
31 Jul 2012 UVI releases IRCAM Prepared Piano
17 Jul 2012 UVI releases Emulation One